Friday, August 22, 2014

Ragnar & Dan's TDY

As I mentioned in April and May's post, Dan went on a TDY to Florida. They flew on a C-130, which from what I have heard from Dan and others in our family in the military, is that the seats are super uncomfortable. That being said, he said it was super cool because they have F-16s flying beside them that would come and connect to the plane to refuel. Someone else on the flight was able to get some awesome pictures of it.





I have to admit, I didn't feel too bad for him while he was gone. Usually he gets crappy assignments, but not this time. I was actually quite jealous. Yes, he had to put up with a very annoying co-worker and survived a hurricane (that part had me worried), but his job was to work on the waterfront of my favorite beach, Destin, Florida! His job was to help out with the base recreation and most days he was helping oversee the kayak rentals. Poor boy;) I wish I could have gone even for a few days, but at least while Daph and I weren't feeling well while he was away, we were able to do a few fun things too and have the good company of family.

Everyone went out to dinner each night (Dan stayed back a few, but usually joined them). He loved getting to eat all of his favorite southern seafood dishes. On this particular night, he ordered a crawfish poboy and got brave enough to try a raw oyster.
 

 
 
Dan always sends me funny pictures when he was away. There were lots of bear crossing signs on base.
 
 He found this sign too....


When work was done, they could ride the kayaks for fun.



Dan was able to go to a nearby LDS ward while there and even got to participate in a 5K race they did. He also ran into some friends from our ward in Louisiana who were now living there and got to go have dinner with them.  I was happy he was able to see them!


 Swimming in the ocean....



Touring the Airospace Meuseum



 Dan and his brothers were also able to run Ragnar again this year. The best part is, that Spencer was able to join them! All four brothers, his cousin, Cort, and their dad. They were quite excited. It's the thing Dan looks forward to most in the year and I am happy he was able to participate. They all had a great time and made some awesome memories.













No comments: