Friday, August 15, 2014

February

Despite the winter weather, February has become one of my favorite months since it was when my best little friend was born. But more on her birthday in another post:)

Here are some fun pictures of our life in February. We had a hard month with Daphne in and out of the doctor's office, hospital visits, surgery, etc so it's nice to look back and see some fun happenings in our daily lives that helped balance out all the hard days.

Left: Riding the carousel at Boondocks. Right: Her obsession with pickles continues....and yes, apparently the juice is extra yummy. Since Dan and I don't like pickles, we just buy Daphne her own personal jar and let her go to town with it. Never set a jar of pickles by her unless you are prepared for her to dig right in!




Left: Dress-up and playing the piano are two of her favorite things. Right: Daphne and Baby at Story Time at the Library.


Left: While daddy is away....we make huge messes! Haha. When Dan works his monthly Reserves weekends we usually have to get quite creative to entertain ourselves on Sunday mornings. Church isn't until 1 and with it being his 7th of 12 straight work days, we usually are feeling a little cooped up. So on this particular Sunday, I made homemade bath paints for her and she went to town! Right: Daphne is becoming good at hiding things. It took us forever one night to find Kamille's shoe so they could go home.


Daphne is starting to love to go shopping. She begs me all the time to go and I don't mind it too much when there are carts she considers fun to ride in.


While shopping, she loves to jump down and find shoes, necklaces, hats....anything to accessorize with.


My chair!!! I found this chair at a garage sale before we even bought our house (and we have lived here almost 5 years now). It sat in the basement for a few years waiting to be refinished. About 2 years ago, I bought fabric for it and brought it upstairs to see how it would look in the front room....and there it sat for two years with the new fabric just draped over it. Yeah, it looked pretty tacky, until I FINALLY actually did it! It was my first time reupholstering something, so it's not perfect, but probably my favorite piece of furniture in our house.


February was a month full of doctor appointments, surgery, hospital visits, etc. This little girl is such a trooper. On this particular day, she had labs drawn and then we went to Jamba Juice with friends afterwards to make it a little better of a day.




Sunday dinner at the Jasmers.


I leave her for 2 seconds..... which I have learned is 2 seconds too long with a toddler:)



Left: Our morning routine consists of watching "Monkey George" aka Curious George, every morning in my bed. Right: We had a ball pit for Daph's bday and every time I tried to put the balls away afterwards, she managed to find a way to play with them again. Haha.


Her stuffed animals as well as myself, often become Daphne's dress-up subjects.

 Pictures of Dan and the missionaries he works with after one of their trips to the temple on P-day.



No comments: