Monday, August 11, 2014

Musker Family Christmas Party

 For my mom's family (Muskers) we draw names each year and make each other something. We can be honest, most years I make my gift and Dan's but this year he was bound and determined to do it himself. I was quite shocked when he said he would try sewing Rueben a pair of PJ's. I think the only reason why he wanted to was because he knew he could hide some Saints fabric in there as a joke. He actually did a pretty good job, but I am pretty sure he thought the entire process was torturous. What can I say, opposites attract. I love to sew. He loves to run. We both think the other's choice of a hobby is pure torture:)



 For the party, we had dinner, played a few "Minute to Win It" games, and opening presents.

The cup stacking game:



 I know everyone participated and we played a few other games too. Who knows where those pictures went?? I did get one picture of my mom and Renae playing the "Oven mitt, present opening" game.





Daphne enjoyed just staring at us all while we looked crazy playing games.



 The homemade gifts:

Daphne and I made stockings for Conner and Noah that represented their high school football jerseys. Dan was so excited about them since he convinced me to line them with Saints fabric to tease them.


Conner made my mom some ornaments and Noah drew my dad a picture.


 Nicole made me an owl pillow that has pockets to hold remotes.


 Kamille made Nicole a horse pillow and Rueben "made" Daphne a minnie mouse shirt



 Rueb modeling the pj's Dan made him, including the Saints pockets...

 Renae made Kamille ornaments and Bobby got Dan an inspirational CD with the money he "made"

 My mom made Renae a scrapbook of Christmas pictures from their childhood.


Daphne was quite in love with the pillow pet from Grandma and Grandpa.
 





No comments: