Friday, August 22, 2014

March

Daphne was still sick a lot of March and April, healing from both her procedures, and sleeping worse than she did as a newborn, but I am happy to say that she is doing so well now! I felt like a zombie for quite awhile between her not sleeping and being in my first trimester of pregnancy (more on that later!) and like the trial might never end, but like usual, I lacked faith to realize that Heavenly Father is always watching over us. My favorite part about being so behind on blogging is as I go back and look at pictures of months past I am reminded of all the blessings we have in life as I see the fun memories we are creating as a family.

Random pictures from March:

We set up our trampoline. Dan's parents had recently moved and the previous owner's of the house left behind their tramp. His parents didn't want it and we were thrilled when they decided to let us have it. Daphne was so excited and is in LOVE with the trampoline. She begs for daddy to go jump with her the second he gets home from work. Up until it go too hot this summer, they would jump every night while I cooked dinner. 


 Our St. Patty's Day celebration. I love holidays and have been looking forward to being able to do fun things with my kids on each holiday (even the little ones!). This is the first time we really celebrated the holiday and I look forward to the tradition we started. The morning started with a trail of gold coins from Daphne's room down to a "treasure box" (thanks to my mom and the special package she had given us for the holiday. I get my love for making holidays fun from her) in the kitchen. The treasure box included a few fun projects for Daphne (window stickers and chalk), ingredients for an Irish Feast, and Lucky Charms.



We used the Lucky Charms to make Four Leaf Clover Rice Crispy Treats....



 ...and the dinner ingredients to make Corned Beef, Carrots, and Potatoes for dinner ( a meal I grew up on and we all love). I also made green biscuits.  Daphne is a little piggie when it comes to Corned Beef. She devoured it. Once hers was gone she started stealing it from our plates. Dan was a good dad and pretty much sacrificed all of his meat so she could eat it.





I started to make Daphne a stick horse for her birthday, but never quite finished it in time because I got busy just taking care of her with all she had going on, so come March I was able to finish it. I was pretty happy with how it turned out and what to make another one so that when friends come over they can play on them together.

 
We went to the zoo with our friend's the Frandsens. Daphne loves holding Greysen's hand. He is a good sport and will hold hands most of the time. I think she feels so grown up getting to hold a boy's hand.






Daphne is usually terrified of this ape statue. I was quite surprised when she ran over and sat on his lap.


One day when I was watching Ada the two girls decided they needed to say a prayer. It was super cute watching them initiate it and say it all by themselves.



Left: Fun with all the cousins at Station Park. Right: Sunday night movie night. Sometimes on Sundays when we have no plans we will have a picnic in the family room and watch a Disney movie together.


We also took a few LONG walks to see the horsies by our house a few times in March. If Daphne will stay in the stroller, we can get there and back in about 40 minutes. Let's just say, most of our trips were at least twice to three times as long. Haha. Daphne is obsessed with her blanket that she calls "meme". We never leave the house without it. When she is out and about, she often wants to wear it as a cape as she runs around, like she did on our walk to the horsies.
 

I discovered the reason behind McDonald's success;) When there is one within walking distance of your house and you can get out of the house for a few minutes and pay a couple of dollars for gross food, all in exchange for a toddler friendly play place.... McDonald's all of a sudden seems like a palace.



Left: Daphne insists on taking my mom's dog, "nana", for a walk every time she is there. Right: Daph "bought" herself a new baby (we felt baby about her squished head baby from her birthday) with her binkies at the store. She gave them as "payment" to the cashier in exchange for the baby. I was dreading the day we took binkie away, because any time I even attempted to weaning her to using it just for sleeping, it was a nightmare. Cold turkey was so much easier, definitely the way to go! 


Left: Daphne "helping" me clean the church one Saturday with her baby and meme in tow. Right:  Browned butter Nutella stuffed cookies with Sea Salt = to die for. My sister-in-law, Kristen, posted a picture on Instagram of these cookies and well, I am pretty sure I made them that same day because they looked so yummy I couldn't resist. I LOVE sea salt and Nutella and they didn't disappoint.


Dan has been wanting his dad to come tour his work during one of his visits. Daphne and I decided to join the tour and then we took Gpa Crandall to the zoo with us after, while Dan went back to work. The warehouse he works in is HUGE. We used the "Limo Golf Cart" (which is the same one they use to give tours to the General Authorities) to drive around in to see it all.


Daphne thought she was in charge of the tour.



We had so much fun at the zoo with Grandpa. It was pretty cold but we loved being able to go with him.






We found this Cozy Coupe Car at a garage sale for 2 dollars! Best find ever. The wheel was a little crooked, but Jeff was able to use a vice grip and straighten it out for us. Daphne loves going outside to drive her car.



Dolores asked me to make a cake for Jeff's surprise 60th birthday party. She said I could do whatever I wanted....and well, I didn't have any troubles coming up with plenty of embarrassing "over the hill" ideas for it.


Left: This moment represents PURE JOY. I was so elated. As I mentioned before, Daphne had a lot of troubles sleeping after her procedures. She was just in a lot of pain still. It's normal for her to have horrible nights where she acts almost like a colicky baby, but this was quite extreme. We hadn't slept much in weeks and on this particular night, she hadn't slept at all. Around 9 AM we went on a walk and I was ecstatic that she fell asleep in her stroller! She even stayed asleep long enough for me to transport her to her bed and take a nap for an hour or so. I was very grateful for a sleeping miracle that morning. Right: Daphne is starting to become excited about underwear. She has yet to learn how to wear it properly yet. haha. 



Daphne was so excited to hold Tori one night and apparently, Tori was just as happy about it!




No comments: