Friday, August 22, 2014

April

In April, we celebrated Dan's birthday, Easter, and announced that we would be having another baby! Dan was gone the second half of April (including his bday) and first part of May for a military TDY assignment to Florida. While he was away, Daphne and I mostly stayed at my parent's house as both of us were quite sick, Daphne had a bad cold and I was having extreme hypoglycemia at the beginning of my pregnancy. Luckily, all scary things were ruled out and my blood sugar levels have been doing great ever since then. My parents were so helpful and it was nice to have their company:)
 
Pictures from April:
 
 
Before daddy left, Daphne "help" daddy do planks. 
 

Dan and his mom share a birthday (which was the day before Easter this year). Jeff asked me to make a cake for her birthday celebration on Easter. Unfortunately, Dan was gone, and I had Easter plans with my mom's family, so I was glad I was at least able to drop off a cake before the celebration.

 
We had Easter dinner and a Easter Egg Hunt at my Grandpa and Grandma Musker's neighborhood clubhouse. Daphne had so much fun finding eggs....but would get distracted each time she found one, needing to eat all the candy inside first before moving on to find another egg.

 


Dan's dad also got married to a wonderful lady named Holly. The two of them came up to visit so we could meet her and we had a fun picnic in the park as a family. I took lots of pictures so Dan could see how much fun these two kiddos had at the park that night, but apparently I was only focused on them. I didn't even get a picture of the newlyweds! Boston and Daphne were sooooo excited about the ducks that they both kept on trying to sneak away during dinner to see them. One second they were there and the next we saw the two of them holding hands as the headed off to see the ducks. It was adorable.


Typical Daphne....she starts off feeding the ducks and then decides to feed herself instead:)


 
Playing on the slide and swings.


Once both Daphne and I were over being super sick, we spent a day going to the zoo with the Frandsen's again while daddy was away.



We spent lots of time cuddling while we both recovered. Daphne is getting better and better at cuddling lately and I quite enjoy it.


Proof that mommy's bed is the hub of the house. Daphne loves to spend her mornings on my bed coloring and watching Curious George. She also has a strict routine of needing to sit with her towel on after bath time each and every day on my bed too.


Shopping with her cowgirl hat and hot pink cart.


...and back to the beginning of April. The pictures uploaded out of order:)

Dan and his brothers after the Priesthood session. I came as well. I was the only girl there and if I remember right, Gabe said everyone polished off 17 baskets of fries. The Crandall boys can eat is all I can say. Unfortunately, I kept up with them as well that night! I could not believe how many fries I ate. Pregnancy hunger took over and I acted just like a Crandall boy. Not a good thing. haha.


Sunday morning General Conference session consisted of lots of water color painting and Daphne praying on the potty. Yup, you heard me right. She would pull down her pants (diaper still on), sit on her potty (that she insisted we bring down from the bathroom...at this point she had never actually successfully used the potty so it was quite clean and transportable) and say a prayer.


Daphne now begs me every day to go shopping. Girl at heart. She always wants to drive and never can pass up the shoe isle.


Left: Wearing Grandpa Nana's reading glasses Right: Building a castle. Daphne loves to build castles (and only castles) with her legos.


...and back to pictures of the end of Sept! My parents have been working on getting their house ready to sell and Daphne and I have been able to help lots. On this particular day, she was "helping" grandma do yard work.


My mom and I attempted to dye Easter eggs with Daphne. The pictures make it appear quite successful, but it didn't last long before Daphne was playing in all the dye and the activity quickly ended. Her hands had more color to them than the eggs!


My color obsessed Daphne. Even when she is exhausted she will still keep at it.



How we announced my pregnancy:

We showed these pictures to family and friends in a various of different creative ways over the month of April. Grandpa Jasmer chuckled and asked, "How did you get her to pose so well with such a sad face?". Not hard. You place a toddler who has zero desire to be in her bed in it and snap pictures as she begs to get out.

 
The Jasmers had Daphne and I (and Mike, Natalie, and Tori) over the following Sunday after Easter since we missed out on the week before's celebration.
 


Dolores even planned out a little egg hunt for the girls.




Cuddling on the couch one Sunday am before church.


Dan's group of missionaries from work. They had their pictures taken to be presented to the First Presidency.


Before Paul and Holly got married (I think this picture is actually from March), they came up for a quick visit for us to meet her. We had a fun evening filled with visiting and yummy food at Roosters.

No comments: