Friday, August 22, 2014

Daphne's Second Birthday Party

 
For Daphne's second birthday party, we did a rainbow themed party. Each color represented one of her favorite things at the age of two! I have to admit, I love planning for a party. I have fun making decorations, thinking of how to make all the food match the theme, making her a cake, etc. It's fun for me to spend lots of hours prior to a party getting ready for it. I am grateful that it is something I have time for with my light work schedule. It makes me happy and I enjoy doing it for her.
 
 

 





 I also made a slideshow of videos and pictures from the last year. I did it more than anything for her to be able to watch in the future. Part of me keeping on top of our family history per say. I loved watching her watch it before the party. She was so excited to see all the pictures and videos of herself.


Once everyone arrived, we had dinner and Boston and Daphne played in our ball pit. I found it at a garage sale before Daphne was born and we finally used it. The kids had a blast, thanks to Dan setting it up for her.



The guests included my parents, Rueben and Kamille, Jeff & Dolores, Paul, Gabe, and Andrew's family. We were so grateful to have so much of our family there to celebrate her special day.


I got some silly party hats for Boston and Daphne to wear. Boston didn't care much for his, but Rueben sure enjoyed wearing it:)


After dinner we went into the garage for piñata time! One of Dan's favorite memories from growing up was having a piñata at each of the kid's birthdays (that's what you get when you have a mom from Guatemala!). We decided it would be a fun tradition to continue in our family. I made Daphne an Elmo piñata.


 We let Daphne and Boston whack at it for as long as they each liked....


...and then all the men enjoyed acting like little boys for awhile.





Paul especially enjoyed his loot of candy. I think he was more excited about it than Daphne and Boston, haha.


Next was cake time, photo booth, and presents! Daphne was trying to dig into the cake the whole time we were singing to her. Her cake had many of her favorite things on it as well as it was rainbow colored in the inside. I had fun learning how to make a cake like that and she loved all the pretty colors.


 Photo booth time! I made props so everyone could dress up like her favorite things. Not sure who my dad is trying to be, but pretty sure she can recognize the rest of the characters;) There is a picture of our family too that I will add later on, I just need to track it down!







This girl was having too much fun to hold still with me for a picture....


...and was pretty mad when I "forced" her for our family picture. haha


It was funny to watch Paul try to get the perfect picture with the two kiddos as they tried to wiggle out of his lap. Andrew and Cami had quite a few outtakes too with their two boys that were entertaining:)


 Daphne totally understood the whole present thing this year. She loved opening all her gifts. She was spoiled by all our wonderful family. We are so grateful for all the thoughtful gifts she was given. It was hard to get good pictures of her because she was too busy running around in circles with excitement.


 I took this picture of her the next morning for all the grandparents. First thing when she woke up she insisted on sitting on her Elmo couch (from Grandpa and Grandma Black) while she played with her Tangled play set (from Grandpa Crandall) and her Boots Baby and High Chair (from Grandpa and Grandma Jasmer). Her grandparents sure all know her well.


No comments: