Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week 3



A few weeks ago I had week 3 of my cake decorating class. We were told to bring 30 cupcakes...annoying that one box of cake mix only makes 24 cupcakes. So in the end I made two boxes and had 48 cupcakes. When I got to class we only used about 15, so in the end I didn't even need to make the 30!! So when I got home that night I still had undecorated cupcakes coming out my ears...I stayed up late that night icing them all so that I could take them to Young Womens the next night.


The next day upon returning home from work I found them all covered in hundreds and hundreds of sugar ants...ughh! We get sugar ants like crazy here, they are definitely my least favorite thing about the south. By the way, did I tell you I HATE SUGAR ANTS?????? For those of you lucky enough to have never come across a sugar ant they are teeny tiny red ants that are attracted to anything and everything that might possibly be sweet in your house, such as toothpaste, food, crumbs, etc. I know of friends that have to keep all their groceries like cereal and everything in the fridge in order to keep the ants away. We get them a lot but haven't had to do that yet. But this time the ants were more frustrating than they have ever been. I had all the cupcakes in sealed rubbermaid containers and they still found their way in!!!


Anyways, we learned how to decorate lots of cute cupcakes in the class as well as how to make a cupcake cake. I really enjoyed it and it is probably one of the things I will do most often out of everything I learned in the class.


5 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

those all turned out great. Sorry about the ants. That sicks. You're learning a lot in that class huh?

Anonymous said...

I want to take that class ;( I am jealous.

Anonymous said...

OMG when we lived in Arizona we had to put our food in the fridge!!!!!!! We called truly nolen and they got rid of them, praise the lord! And I KNOW how much you hate them, cause I hated them that much TOO!

Crandalls said...

lol....I wouldn't mind a friend taking it with me! All you would have to do is catch a plane ride every tuesday....jk. Dang! I was hoping ants was just a southern thing...hopefully the next place we live will have absolutely NO BUGS! Probably the only place that would be is like Antartica, but still.

Anonymous said...

Darling cupcakes! You can start your own bakery now, Sierra!