Thursday, October 30, 2008

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

About the end of August I started getting really, really excited for Halloween and it was KILLING me because Halloween was still so far away. I told myself I needed to wait a little while to set up my decorations but by about the second week in September I couldn't handle it anymore! Dan was away on a TDY in New Jersey so I spent one of the night's he was gone digging through our storage for my decorations and setting it all up. I also couldn't help myself and bought a few more things to add to our collection as well....

Both of us have been REALLY excited for the holidays this year. I think it is mostly because our first holiday season being married we were dirt poor and hadn't made really any friends yet around here (and were quite homesick at that point) so we didn't do as good of a job celebrating. Then last year Dan was deployed and I was in Utah. I decorated my room in my parent's house and loved celebrating with them but that isn't quite the same as decorating your own place...so this year I have been so excited to say the least!

I took pictures after setting up my decorations but never posted about it and was quite jealous to see a lot of people have now beat me to posting their Halloween decorations! Anyways, here are the few pictures I took and there will be more to follow....I have added to my collection since then, thanks to my parents getting me the Halloween Smores I wanted for my birthday! I will post those as well as pictures from Halloween in a few days! Dan and I are going to the ward Trunk or Treat tomorrow night. A few people have kinda thought we are crazy for going (including ourselves since we don't have any kids!) but I want to celebrate the holiday in every way possible! We don't get any trick or treaters in our apartment complex so the only way I get to pass out candy and dress up is if we go! I am hoping to make a few fun Halloween desserts as well for the occasion...we will see how ambitious I get tonight though!


My favorite is my new Pumpkin Haunted House. The blocks on the bottom left I made this year. I got a vinyl cutting machine for my birthday and did Halloween blocks for my first project and sold them at work. (P.S. If you double click the picture it will appear larger).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so crafty, I am too, but I never have the time to do anything anymore. I am like you, this is the first REAL Halloween for me, but it's without Seth, so maybe next year can be filled with crazy decorations.

Megan said...

I LOVE your decorations!! I am so not a crafty person. One day, when I'm rich, can I hire you to create decorations and decorate my house for each holiday/season?????