Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week 4

This past week was my last cake decorating class, well at least for the beginning course. Dan got home from his TDY a week ago Thursday and came home with a cold. Between sick co-workers and a sick husband somehow I seemed to catch it all! I came down with the flu, ear infections, a sinus infection, etc...I woke up feeling miserable on Sunday morning and stayed in bed for 3 straight days. I finally went back to work on Wednesday, not because I felt that good but because I was ready to get back to life before I got any more behind. The doctor had prescribed me 250 mg of Sudafed a day. If you look at a box of over the counter Sudafed, the max for the day is 120 mg. So to say the least, this drug that normally can make it hard to sleep basically kept me awake all week long. I finally quit taking it last night so I could get some rest and slept 12 hours straight! I have been on the slow road to recovery all week long but think I am finally on the last lap of the track.


On Tuesday, as you know, I have my cake decorating class. I really really wanted to go, which I knew wasn't very logical, but I went anyways. I made sure I left the classroom each time I started to have a coughing fit and used lots of hand sanitizer as I learned how to cut, shape, and decorate a fish cake. By the end of 1 1/2 hours of cake decorating I was exhausted! It was the most I had done in over 3 days! I am still glad I went though. It gave me a chance to get out of the house and I am sure someday I will have the need to make a fish cake again, well...maybe not but you never know!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite one yet! Are you going to take a more advanced course?

Crandalls said...

Yeah...my next class starts in about a week. We will be learning how to use fondant.

Anonymous said...

All this cake making is certainly preparing you for fun birthdays when kids arrive, huh? Spencer used to get a Christmas Tree cake, Daniel a baseball glove shape one, Andrew a football field, Michael...don't remember! I made dinosaurs, gum machine,bunnies, hearts for Gabe...now I get them at Sam's! ah, I made a merry-go- round and a birthday gift once.

Dolores