Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gross!

So yesterday one of my co-workers and I went out to lunch. We decided to go to this little cafe that is just down the street from our tower (which just happens to be called "Just a Little Cafe....lol). Keep in mind there are VERY few food choices in Downtown Shreveport. I had ordered a to-go meal the other day there and it was decent so we decided to go there and order in.

Our meals were fairly good, the place wasn't as cleanly as I would have liked, but I wasn't completely appalled until the end. There was a refillable ketchup bottle sitting on the table. I had looked at it several times during our lunch wondering what kind of sauce was in there. It looked like a sweet & sour sauce with seeds. There was little seed looking things all in the sauce and also all around the top and sides of the bottle...like they had stuck there each time someone had turned the bottle over to get the sauce out.

As we were finishing eating Mandi decided to squeeze the bottle out of pure curiosity and out flew a bazillion of fruit flies. They were everywhere!!! After that you could see that the thousands of seeds, were NOT seeds, rather fruit flies that had been sitting really, really still. We quickly got up from our seats and promised to NEVER EVER go back there again. All of a sudden my fairly good tasting food turned into awful food that made me sick to even think about....YUCK!

2 comments:

Amber Shellabarger said...

Sounds yummy! It always seems to come AFTER you have just finished eating that you realize stuff like that.

Deaton Adventures said...

Oh my gosh! That is so gross! I think I would have gotten sick after that. Please don't take us there when we come to visit!!!