Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've been tagged twice now.....I get the hint Julia!:)

1. Where did you meet? We met on a blind date, not sure I would recommend that to everyone though...I hated all I went on but this one. Neither of us actually planned on going on a blind date that day but got ringed into it at the last second and didn't know how to say no. Guess it shows when you have great friends who know you well enough you setting you up on the date...things can come from it!

2. How long did you date before you got married? We met January 2, 2006 and were married on August 10, 2006. So about 7 months?????

3. How long have you been married? About 2 1/2 years. Crazy to think that the time has gone by so fast!

4. What does he do that surprises you? He is always doing stuff to help me around the house and surprise me. He often gets me flowers or something when he knows I am having a rough day. But what I love most is when he surprises me by being in a really goofy and happy mood. It seems to often we get busy with life and don't laugh as much as we should...we are generally happy but I love when something all of a sudden makes him smile and laugh so hard that it surprises me and makes me try to remember the last time I have seen him so happy.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? I love when he is so happy that you can see his eyes smiling.

6. What is your favorite quality of his? He is EXTREMELY patient and hard working. A lot of things don't come easy for him but he is the hardest worker I know. The dedication he puts into his schooling is so much more than I ever did when I was in school. He is very patient as well. That is the number one quality I know I need to learn from him.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? Mostly babe and on occasion Tus Nxtais Huab Tias (which is Princess in Hmong).

8. What is his favorite color? Red, he was the biggest Bulls & Michael Jordan fan there ever was a kid...therefore, red is by far his favorite!

9. What is his favorite food? Um, probably rice or mash potatoes. He loves rice from serving his mission with the Hmong people but I think more and more potatoes are starting to become a favorite as well.

10. What is his favorite sport? Basketball

11. When and where was your first kiss? It was in his car in front of my house. He had actually planned a whole night's events around it but when I became suspicious of what our date was about...I "accidentally" invited Randy & Julia to come with us on our date. I was freaked out by the idea of being kissed...I know lame, but I was. So I had kinda rained on his parade and he gave up and ended up just kissing me in the car.

12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Probably watch movies together. We like to go out to eat and to movies on the weekends, but even more so we just enjoy watching something together at home on a regular basis. One of our favorite things is to watch a Home Improvement episode together on a really busy day so we can at least spend a little bit of time together.

13. Do you have any children? nope.

14. Does he have a hidden talent? Um, he can make really, really good grilled cheese sandwiches and eggs. I know that sounds funny but he always says he isn't that great of a cook but he definitely can make those two things really well. I don't know why I always burn grilled cheese or overcook eggs...I can decorate cakes but yet I can't cook a stupid grilled cheese sandwich...so I am really grateful for that hidden talent of his!

.15. How old is he? 25. One of the girl's at church the other day guessed he was 21 and I was 27....can you believe that?? They said it was because I act more mature than him but still! I am NOT THAT OLD! I am not 6 years older than my husband! Rather I am almost 4 younger....

16. Who said I love you first? He did. I said it right back to him afterwards. He says that I didn't answer him for ever but I swear my answer followed within a second or two.

17. What’s his favorite type of music? Probably the Goo Goo Dolls. He likes Phil Collins too but he doesn't listen to that nearly as much.

18. What do you admire most about him? Like I said before, that he is such a hard worker and so patient...I admire that even though a lot of things are harder for him to learn than for most that he doesn't give up, he just keeps on working as hard as he can until he succeeds and proves the whole world wrong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our husbands need to meet, maybe one of these days, they will BOTH be home and not one or the other will be deployed? I think the two of them would get along great, and Seth could really use some cheering up from a male, he's not the happiest camper in the campground....LOL. Anyway, I loved reading about your relationship.

Crandalls said...

I know! I am sure someday that day will come...hopefully sooner than later. I don't even know if Dan has ever met you? I know he knows of you but seems like it is always a hit and miss sort of thing:)

Mike n Julia said...

I LOVE YOU!!! And no i am not pregnant even though i have been throwing up all morning...serves me right for not taking that stupid flu shot that i could have gotten for free from my work....but of coarse i am scared of needles...