Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween....

Dan and I decided to dress up this year for Halloween. We were both really excited about the holiday and were definitely looking forward to dressing up and passing out Halloween candy. I love holidays, especially Halloween, so we both decided to get really into it this year. Our first year being married I was in charge of a ward party that night so I didn't really get around to planning anything fun for the two of us. Dan was actually quit embarrassed when he had to stand by our trunk with no costume, no decorated trunk, just a bag of candy I bought at the last minute at Walmart! Then this past year Dan was deployed. So this year we decided to go all out.

We decided to go as "Trick or Treat". Dan was a magician (who does tricks) and I was a candy corn witch (which is a treat)....get it?:) Kinda dorky and silly I know but we both loved our costumes so it was a lot of fun.

I got to dress up for work that day as well, so I got to celebrate Halloween all day long. I asked Dan why he didn't dress up for work, he said he did, that he was dressed up as a Military Personnel....how lame! (The picture is of my friend, Jenni, and I. She dressed up as a punk rocker. You can't really tell, but my hat has the candy corn colors on it as well, and is trimmed with a feather boa.)

After work Dan and I went to our church's trunk or treat. We don't get trick or treaters in our apartment complex so we had to go find them ourselves. We had fun handing out candy to all the kids as well as visiting with our friends. I got to see all the 3 year olds I used to teach at church. They looked so cute! My favorite was one of my friend's little 8 week old boy, she had him dressed up as her little baby bumblebee! It was really cute.
This is a picture of a lady at church (Cathy Noel) and I at the trunk or treat. Everyone kept on saying we looked alike so we decided to get a picture together.
I also made a 2 mummy cakes for my work and the trunk or treat.

After the trunk or treat we went to the boardwalk (a local outside mall that sits right along the river) where they had several activities going on for Halloween. We hung out there for awhile and ended the night with going out to IHOP. I think we must have all been trying to make the holiday last as long as possible...and boy was I exhausted the next day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woman, you make me look bad, STOP IT. Stop being so creative, spur of the moment, super wife, etc etc etc. LOL.

Crandalls said...

Lol.....I only do those things becuase they keep me sane! Ask Dan, the busier I am with projects like that I don't really have time for...the better. I don't handle having free time very well. I made the cake at like 10pm one night when I should have been sleeping. I am a much happier wife this way:)

Unknown said...

Very cute! Can you guys please convince Tay the FUN in dressing up ;)