Friday, November 21, 2008

Turkey Trot

Dan ran another race on base yesterday. After the half marathon next week he will have ran 3 races this month. Crazy! I was running late the morning of the race and missed out on seeing him start. I waited in my car where it was nice and warm until I knew it was about time for the first runnesr to be getting in. I almost missed him coming in. My clock must have been off in my car becuase as soon as I walked up to the finish line I could see him running in.

He got second place, about 10 seconds behind the Chief he seems to always be competing against. Dan said it was a hard race because he has been training for this half marathon and had just run 8 miles the night before. He is now up to running 10 miles a day and will probably be running the full 13.1 miles this weekend.

As tradition at a turkey trot, they had a drawing to give away free turkeys. They had 36 turkeys in all and we actually won one! We had just commented a few minutes before that we never win anything and we actually quit even listening to the raffle. They had to call our number 3 times before I realized it was our number.

We were excited to finally win something but have no clue when we will actually cook it! It is definitely a big turkey for just two people. Maybe we will have an early Christmas with a few friends or something before we go to Utah. Who knows. It would have just been easier if we had won the $150 dinner gift certificate they gave out...but oh well! A turkey will come to use sometime. Until then our freezer will just be very, very, full....

Dan after the race.

It was really neat looking outside becuase of the fog that morning. This picture made for a neat background...we just both look a little funny in it!


Dan starting to eat our turkey.

3 comments:

Amber Shellabarger said...

I love that Dan is all sweaty and you look darling. The fog background is really cool.

Mike n Julia said...

I LOVE YOUR COAT!!!! It's so cute!

Kati said...

wow! by the looks of your blog you are loving life! I am excited to see you so happy sierra!