Monday, November 10, 2008

Our hobbies.....

The day after Halloween we had a very full and busy day. We started off the morning by trying to clean and organize our apartment...a project that seems to always be on going. We are popping at the seams in our apartment so every time we get something new we seem to have to re-organize in order to make it fit. This time, we had to make food storage, Halloween decorations, and some of my crafts fit into places that we didn't even know existed. After working on the project for several hours we took a break so Dan could get some of his homework done.


While he was busy doing homework I went to my friend, Jenni's, house. I got a vinyl cutting machine for my birthday and have been working on several crafts this past month with it. I have even been able to sell a few things I have made on the side. I will post more about those things another day. But for now I wanted to post the pictures of what we made last Saturday together. Jenni just bought a house so we were trying to get it ready for her housewarming party.

We made this welcome sign for her front door.

We also made blocks for both her boy's rooms.




As well as we made decorations for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

After I finished at Jenni's house I met Dan downtown for a race. A friend at church had told him the night before about a 5k that was taking place the next day. At the last minute Dan decided he wanted to participate. It was really fun to watch. The race was along the Red River and was at 7pm at night, so they ran in the dark. My favorite part about the race was being able to hang out and visit with some church friends while he ran the race. I am used to hanging out by myself so it was a nice change to pass the time while he ran.

When the first person started to come towards the finish line, neither my friend nor I could quite tell who it was in the dark. At the very last second my friend realized it was Dan even before I did! I tried to take a quick candid shot but wasn't able to in time. I usually can pick Dan out of a crowd by what he is wearing, but this time I didn't see him before the race started. Anyways, we were really excited to see him come in first place! Especially since he hadn't prepared for the race at all...just decided to run it at the last minute!

After the race they had free food and an awards ceremony. Dan got a really cool metal that he is quite proud of. While we were at the race we also learned about a half marathon that is Thanksgiving weekend in Gulf Shores, AL. We randomly decided that night that we really wanted to go to it. We had no plans as of yet for Thanksgiving and neither of us really wanted to just stay home by ourselves. I figured I can cook a nice meal any time I want, so we are basically skipping Thanksgiving per say, and going to the beach instead! Dan is really excited about running the race as well. We figure we may as well spend the holiday enjoying ourselves versus spending the entire day cooking just for the two of us and missing family during the process!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! That is so cool! You should got to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving I hear they make a mean turkey dinner that day.

Crandalls said...

That's a good idea! The only thing I had thought of was Marie Calendars...but we don't have those around here. Thanks!

Megan said...

Go Dan Go!! That is awesome. Congratulations. Sierra I am so jealous of your craftiness. You are so talented. I hope you two enjoy your Thanksgiving Day at the beach! Love ya both.