Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend Half Marathon

So, as I said before in the last post, the main reason we went to Gulf Shores, Alabama was for a half marathon Dan had been training for. Dan ran a half marathon while he was deployed last year but this was his first time running one in the states. He was really excited for the race and had been training constantly for several weeks before the event, he even ran 10 miles on Thanksgiving morning!

So on Saturday morning we got up bright and early to head to the half marathon. I stayed to watch the race begin and then went shopping for the hour and a half Dan was running. I actually saw him a few times running by while I was at different shops....I definitely had the lazier morning of the two of us! I even honked at him once while driving by...it wasn't the brightest moment I have ever had...I scared him quite a bit as he was running alone the shore. I made it back to the finish line about 10 minutes before Dan came running in with a time of 91 minutes and as the 3rd Place overall Male finisher. I was quite proud and he was quite exhausted!

The Start of the Race
Coming across the finish line.

Stretching after the race.


I stole his medal long enough to get my moment of glory...before he proudly took it back.


1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Male Finishers (Dan is short, but not that short...they are all standing on pedestals of different heights.)
Overall, Dan enjoyed running and I enjoyed the good excuse of getting to go to the beach to watch a race!


No comments: