Friday, December 19, 2008

Nativity Room

Last weekend was our Church Christmas Party. Somehow my friend ended up being in charge of the nativity room for the party...everyone says she volunteered, but to her knowledge she doesn't remember saying anything. Anyway, she agreed to do it and called me to help her with the project. We didn't have much time to prepare for it nor a budget for it, so everything was kinda thrown together at the last minute..but we really enjoyed it! I love decorating for Christmas so it was fun to get to decorate again after I finished my house.

The nativity room is a yearly tradition at our church Christmas parties. It is basically just a room that everyone can bring and display their nativities in. We had over 40 nativities displayed. There were some really cute ones that I want really bad now! I am just like my mom...I love to collect nativities so this project was right up my alley!

We had the lights turned low and Christmas music playing. It was really neat. I love the peaceful feeling Christmas brings and walking into that room full of nativities reminded me just what I love about Christmas.

There is a really neat Church in Kaysville, Utah near my parent's house that displays nativities from around the world for the whole month of December. We toured it a couple of times growing up. I always thought it was so cool to see all the different nativities...so this event also brought back great childhood memories.


The room had tables all around the perimeter as well as a few Christmas Trees, with this round table in the middle. We put my Christus and a plate that says "Wise Men still Seek Him" as the centrepiece. We wanted everything to be white, gold, and silver...but ended up having to use just about every Christmas color to get enough table clothes to cover the room. It still turned out okay though.


This was one of my favorite nativities. It is a tree with the manger scene at the bottom. It lite up and had a music box with it as well.


The one in the back is mine. I owe four or five but only took a picture of this one. Dan's parents gave it to us our first Christmas. The figurines have glitter on them. I really like it.

I LOVED this one on the piano too!


I thought this Fisher Price one was really cute as well.

No comments: