Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cake!

A couple of weekends ago I spent my whole weekend surrounded by cake! A friend from church asked me to help her make her little girl's birthday cake as well as a co-worker of mine asked me to make 4 dozen cupcakes for her grandson's birthday. Talk about a LOT of cake!

The little girl was having a "Fancy Nancy" birthday party so the cake was quite fun to make. I loved getting to do all girly colors and girly things. All the cakes I have made in the past haven't ever been for little girls so I really enjoyed it. It as fun being able to visit with her mom too while we decorated.


The cupcakes were for a "Diego" party. I didn't realize how long 4 dozen cupcakes would take! I woke up at 7:30 on Saturday morning to begin the process. It took me until noon! My hand was shaking horribly by the time I was finished because it was so tired! You can definitely tell which ones I decorated at the beginning and the ones at the end when my hand was a limp noodle! It was worth it though...I was able to use the money I made off it of it to buy a few cake supplies I have been needing/wanting.






7 comments:

Kati said...

those look wonderful! where were you when i needed a wedding cake?!

Crandalls said...

Louisiana....duh! Just kidding....

Julie said...

The Diego cupcakes are darling! Thanks again for doing Kassi's cake. It was perfect! I'm putting in my request for help again in May for Bailee's birthday! (If you want) When are you leaving for Christmas? If I don't see you have a nice one!

Amber Shellabarger said...

WOW! You are getting really good!!

Jessica said...

I had no idea you were so talented with this stuff! Looks great!

Crandalls said...

Julie:

I would love to help with Bailee's cake! We leave Tuesday for Christmas...so I will see you Sunday!

Kati said...

lol aw crap i didnt even notice i stole yours! AH! i changed it now! lol

lol but just so you know, i have been choosing brown blue and cream backgrounds cause its the color scheme throughout my apartment! lol