Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Park City

Over the 24th of July Dan and I decided to go to Park City for the weekend. Dan & his dad had a trip to hike King's Peak planned that weekend but they had to cancel at the last minute. Since Dan already had the days off from work we decided to take advantage of it and go away just the two of us as an early anniversary present. Our 4 year anniversary is next Tuesday but Dan will be busy with a week long Reserves Exercise on base then. We had such a great time spending quality time with one another before the summer ends and Dan joins me back in school again.


My family vacationed in Park City every year growing up. I was able to introduce Dan to one of my favorite pass times....the Alpine Slide! This picture was taken on the chairlift ride up the mountain.




The track.


Waiting at the top of the mountain.


Dan definitely beat me down! We had a fun time and want to do it again sometime!


Dan also rode the zip line. I had been practicing taking pictures of those that came down before him...well I sort of missed him in this one. Oops!


Post Zip line Experience


We also went to mainstreet to visit all my favorite shops. It looks like the bear is kissing my forehead in this one!



One of my favorite things we did was ride the Heber Valley Creeper. They had a "Fiddlers and Fireworks" event for the 24th of July. We rode the train for 2.5 hours, enjoyed fiddlers playing, free pizza, and a firework show from the train over the lake at the end.


Waiting for the train to take off.


Dan on the train.




Looking out once we had started moving.


At the halfway point they stop the train. The engine disconnects and travels on a separate track to the other end of the train and reconnects again. So for the first half of the trip we were sitting forwards and the second half backwards if that makes sense.


Looking out waiting for the fireworks to begin.


Fireworks from the train over the lake.






Right before we got back into the train station.


On Sunday we took the chairlift up the mountain again and enjoyed a quiet Sunday hike.


It was probably more of a stroll for Dan but I lasted longer than I thought I would! We both had a fun time enjoying nature and even got to see an old coal mine shaft from the 1920's while at the top of the mountain.


We had such a fun time and can't wait to go back again!

No comments: