Wednesday, August 4, 2010

House

Our house is still a work in progress (actually it probably always will be since I enjoy crafting too much to ever finish decorating completely!:) but I wanted to post pictures to show how much has changed since we first moved in last November. Some walls are still a little bear but overall we are happy with what we have done with it so far and love our first home! Our yard is starting to look much better as well thanks to Dan. He has spent a lot of time learning how to fix sprinklers, helping me plant a garden, and just regular weekly upkeep.


Beforeish...I had already painted our front door at this point and had forgotten to get a totally beforehand picture.

Afterish...we still need to put the shutters back on the windows that I painted brown as well but you get the idea!


Front Room before...

Front Room after painting, furniture additions, and decor.


Our fun new rug from Target and bench that we found on craigslist.

My parents let us borrow their couch so we wouldn't look so bare:)

My refinished DI find and our New Orleans picture to remind us of our cajun home.

Breezeway between front room and kitchen...still a little bare.

Kitchen before...

So far we have mostly just painted it my "oscar the grouch" green:) Eventually we plan on getting new countertops as well.

One of the many metal fleur de lis found in the house! Have to make sure everyone knows we love Louisiana I guess!

kitchen window seal so far...

my parents graciously loaned us their kitchen table as well. It has been a lifesaver for all the fun family gatherings we have had. We painted the dining room the same neutral beige as is throughout most of the house.

Family room before...

And after...


I love the flower arrangement my mother-in-law made for me!


Guest Room before...

And after...we used our old bed and bedding so that we could work on getting new exciting decor for our own.

I also spray painted and did a faux stain technique on the fan to help make it match. The previously blue one wasn't fitting in so much!

My mother-in-law gave us this cute little rocking chair this last week. I LOVE old little kids furniture and to make it even better it was Dan's from when he was little. She said he loved it and used to rock in it for hours.

Bathroom before....

And after...we got a fun new mirror from Ross

I cut vinyl for the first time for my own house instead of for others! As soon as I can figure out what I want in the rest of the house I plan on cutting a lot more. We also were able to put our seashells in here from my first trip to the beach a few years back.

We were so excited to paint our bathroom a light blue to match our decor we had from our apartment in Louisiana. Side note: I also plan on refinishing the bathroom cabinet a dark brown in the future.



Our bedroom and office still look the same as they did before, except I refinished a bed and dresser we were given for free. I am hoping to paint our bedroom before school starts again in 2 weeks. If so, I will post more pictures soon!

1 comment:

Amber Shellabarger said...

Sierra where is this house? I think you might live by me. I see Dan out running all the time. At least I think it is Dan. LMK