Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Valentines!!!!!


Dan and I celebrated Valentines a few days early this year. We had been invited to a Mardi Gras Parade on the actual day of Valentines so we figured it wouldn't hurt to just move Valentines ahead a day or two. Dan wanted me to take a picture of the cookie cake I made him but I wasn't able to get to it fast enough as you can see!

I was trying to be very creative and decorate Dan's car and leave this cookie cake for him while he was at work. I was even more creative by trying to deliver it on Feb. 11th instead of Feb. 14th. We got engaged on the 11th in 2006 instead of on actual Valentines since Dan had to work. So I thought it would be a fun twist. As I went to go deliver it I called our accountant to ask some questions about our taxes. He told us we would need to come in and only time he could meet us was right then. So as I am delivering the cake I had to call Dan to have him meet me. I covered up all my decor and figured, ok...I can handle this...I will just decorate his car right when we are through after he goes back into work. After we were done he had still about an hour before he had to be back to work so he decided to run some errands. I knew I needed to get into work and couldn't waste my day following him around in order to decorate his car. I finally just gave up and handed it to him as we were both about to head our separate ways. He still seemed to be surprised but my whole ploy definitely fell through!

On Thursday after work we headed down to Dallas to go to the Temple. Dan had been given Friday off of work from having to go out of town for the Air Force the week before. I decided to take the day off as well so we could spend Thursday night and the whole day Friday in Dallas.

After going to the temple we decided to go to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. We LOVED it when we went a couple of years ago. This time it was still fun...but I think we went too soon again because we remembered too many of the displays.


Dan being eaten by a killer shark.


Dan traveling through the earthquake tunnel.

I don't even think he noticed the sign! He went right on through..the tunnel is actually really cool. You feel like you are walking straight but because of the "earthquake" it is hard not to bump into the walls! I would have liked this sign to be located at the Twister Tunnel..that one I don't like so much. It is a little spooky if you ask me!

My favorite part was a room that had all these brain teasers. This picture didn't turn out too great but you can get the idea. You were supposed to say all the colors displayed, not read the words. It is tricky!

Me by the "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" rocking chair. We have a picture of me standing by it last time too...almost like Dejavu to see the two next to each other!



We also went into the Mirror Maze while we were there. I think both of us would agree this is our favorite part. All the walls in the maze are made out of mirrors which can get quite confusing! There were several times I could see Dan in the maze but it was only his reflection. Dan started at the exit and I started at the entrance. We were racing to see who could get to the other end first. Dan won me by far every time! Those mirrors are so confusing!


Picture of the two of us when we actually found each other (and not just our reflections) while in the maze.

Real or Reflection??? Take a stab at it!
After we were through at Ripleys we went to the Galleria. It is a huge mall just down the street from the Temple. It has 5 floors, I think, with an Ice Rink on the Bottom floor. We have been to the mall several times before but this was our first time actually skating there. It was really fun! I think both Dan and I thought we would be pros at it since we had just gone ice skating over Christmas and had really gotten the hang of it. Well we were wrong...once again I started out holding the rails but by the end I was doing fairly well! Dan struggled a little at the first too, but not much. They gave us figure skates whereas last time we had hockey skates. I have heard figure skates are much harder, so we will just blame it on that!

This picture was from the top floor looking down to the Ice Sheet.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun! I love your zebra purse :)