Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow in Louisiana?????

As many of you may know snow in Louisiana is a VERY RARE thing. The other day it actually snowed! Nothing compared to Utah...but enough for all the locals to have a panic attack over it! I didn't even realize it had snowed until after I started driving to work. Our apartment complex had a bit of frost on the ground but nothing else. As I got onto the interstate to drive to work there was a MAJOR traffic jam. It took me over 45 minutes to go the distance that usually takes me about 5 minutes. At first I thought it was from an accident or something but quickly learned from listening to the radio that everyone was just being extremely precautions due to a little bit of snowfall the night before. The roads were as dry as can be...I didn't see a lick of snow or ice on the roads but I guess it still made everyone extremely nervous. It made me laugh. The fasted speed I got to on the interstate was less than 10 miles per hour. When I FINALLY got into work and looked out the window to the top of the parking garage I was able to see that at some point it had snowed a little here! (See below) A few co-workers were even so excited to see snow they all wanted to go out and build a snow man. My first question was "With what???? There isn't even enough to do that!" They then asked me if I wanted to join them....I politely declined given the fact that I got more than my taste of snow while in Utah just a week or two before! It was funny to me to see every one's panic/excitement over the situation!

2 comments:

Amber Shellabarger said...

In Utah that would still be considered 75 mph snow.

Crandalls said...

lol...I know! That is exactly what I said to everyone at work!