Saturday, September 20, 2008

Week 2


A week ago Tuesday was week 2 of my cake decorating class....the actually class went smoothly compared to the week before but preparing and getting there did not! I KNEW I had a jammed packed week ahead of me so I decided I better bake my cake Sunday night. So I quickly whipped together a cake mix while Dan was out home teaching and stuck it in the freezer after it cooled (this makes it easier to ice...). When Dan got home he realized the freezer wasn't closing well so he moved something and shoved it right into one of my cakes on accident. So about 9:30 at night I opened up the freezer and noticed that one of my cake layers had a huge indent in it. So I had to bake another cake that night since I needed two layers for the class.

Monday I didn't get home until after 9 pm. We ate dinner and then I set out to make my frosting and crumb coat and ice my cake (we are supposed to have 1 coating of icing on before we get to class so we have time to learn everything). Every week we have to have 3 lbs of icing so it's definitely a project! I finally finished it all a little before 11 and went to bed....

I was almost late to Tuesday's class because of a really bad day at work but when I FINALLY arrived I really enjoyed the class. Both Traci and I felt much more prepared now that we had a complete list of things to bring and our cakes were ready to go. We practiced the rose a little more and learned how to do a basket weave. My hand was definitely tired by the end of the night but I was glad to learn how to do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COOL DEAL! See you are a great example of a military wife, you take every opportunity living everywhere provides, you make the very best use of your time! Good for you! Seriously, I think that's so cool. I'd love to take that class. Maybe one of these days when we get a PCS move, ha ha ha ha permanent my foot.