Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yeah for Saturdays!

So I know I should be working right now but I really wanted to just send a short and probably random post. I am so excited that quite a bit of our family and friends are starting to join the blogging world! It is addicting, isn't it? I am hoping while we are in Utah this next week we will be able to let more of our family know about our site so we can keep better contact with them as well.

So anyways, the reason for my post. Last Saturday was Dan's first Saturday off of work that I can honestly remember in a long, long time. He has taken a few saturdays off here and there when we are going out of town but this last Saturday was officially his first Saturday off because of his new job! Dan has worked in the dining hall at Barksdale for the past two years and just recently switched over to the flight kitchen, which is a Monday-Friday, 4am-2pm schedule. We are really lucky and blessed to have been given such a great schedule, most Airman with the same ranking as him have to work the entire weekend and quite often the night shift.

Hopefully the schedule will at least last until Christmas because I LOVE having him home on the weekends and holidays. This year he had the 4th of July off and should have Thanksgiving and Christmas as well...it would be great to have him home and in the USA for the holidays!

Anyways, so this past Friday night we went to a late movie after Dan's school to celebrate the beginning of the weekend! No usually 4am Saturday wake up call for us....or so I thought. Dan is famous for liking to set an alarm even on his days off. It drives me nuts because I love waking up naturally and he loves setting his alarm. Dan gets up extra early to have time to get ready slowly and sit down for breakfast. Me, on the other hand, I sleep in as late as possible, hit the snooze about 10 times, and rush to get ready for the day. We are quite opposite in that regard! So anyway, I made Dan promise to not set ANY alarms for Saturday morning because I wanted to sleep in.

So at 4am his phone goes off (I figured he had just left his weekday alarm on by accident) and I was quite upset about it all. But since I was awake I decided I may as well go to the bathroom before I try to fall back asleep. When I came back in the room the light was on and he was all dressed and ready to go somewhere. With my eyes still half closed I tried to just ignore him and laid back down to go to sleep, not really thinking much of it other than the fact that I was annoyed about the whole situation. He comes over to me and tells me it is time to get dressed to go. I was like "Go where??? It is 4am! Time to sleep!". Anyway, so I reluctantly got dressed and decided to just go with the flow. Dan surprised me and took me out to breakfast! I have been wanting to go out to breakfast on a Saturday morning for a LONG TIME and just take the morning easy so it was a great surprise....I hadn't been dreaming about going at 4am though, more like 10am but I have realized since that the only way Dan could have probably surprised me is by taking me at that time. I am infamous for ruining his surprises because I can be way too observant....but he definitely surprised me this time!

So anyway, breakfast was yummy! We came back home and Dan decided to watch a movie, I told him he was crazy, and I fell right back asleep for several more hours:)

What a great way to start off a lazy Saturday.....well lazy probably isn't the right word because we did have a lot to do that day, but still, it was nice to start off the day with a slow start.

P.S. Okay, so I lied...this post definitely wasn't short but it was random!

3 comments:

Deaton Adventures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deaton Adventures said...

Great Job Dan, that is so funny that she was so mad and it was all a surprise for her!

Desirae Badger said...

I am loving that post, Sierra! So funny, it kept me guessing what Dan was up to... That's so cute that he took you out to breakfast. I'm glad you two have more time together now that his shift has changed and congrats on the big award! P.S. We've finally updated our blog! We just got the internet hooked up today in our apartment. We've been sort of "homeless" for about a month, and we moved into our own apartment (finally!) two weeks ago. It's so good to have our own place again! We miss you guys, but thanks for the wonderful updates on your blog posts! I'm so glad you've gotten into it!