Wednesday, September 3, 2014

July

Pictures from July:

Left: Daphne fell in love with the pretend doctor's kit at her pediatrician's office. I thought it was so funny that she kept on putting the stethoscope on upside down. After this appointment, I actually bought her a set of her very own. After all she had been through in the last few weeks physically, Dan and I felt she more than deserved it. It has been the best purchase ever. She spends hours checking our hearts and fixing our owies. 

Right: I have taken Daphne to the dollar summer movie club movie showings a few times this summer. It has been the perfect outing for us. My prego body hasn't handled the heat well, so this has been a fun activity that the two of us can enjoy together instead. On this particular day, we saw the Lego movie. Daphne was so excited when this character came on the screen. She squealed and clapped for joy as she exclaimed, "Mommy! It's Jesus Christ Amen!".


Left: I can hardly keep up with this girl when we visit the toy isle at walmart. She sure has fun! Right: Fun day at the library.


Daphne loves to paint her "fungers" and begs to paint ours. Dan was quite a good sport and let her paint his toenails and actually kept it on for a few hours. But yet he freaks when I paint his fingernails in the night.....I don't get it;)



Left: Daphne loves babies... They aren't always sure what to think of her. Poor baby Livvy didn't love Daphne holding her but I was surprised at how good of a big helper Daphne was whenever Livvy cried. She will make a good big sister soon. Right: Silly Daphne loves to wear this shower cap while sitting in her baby stroller.



Daphne and I joined Andrew's family one Saturday for the Farmington Days Parade while Dan had Reserves Duty. Daphne had fun. She wanted the candy just to eat it.... the other kids were busy collecting big piles while Daphne would find one and eat it and then work on finding another.



We loved going with ward members to Carver's Cove Petting Farm, so we decided to go again this year with the Frandsen's. It was a lot of fun. Daphne was a lot braver this year and enjoyed feeding the animals for the most part:)






She especially loved riding the horse. This girl LOVES to ride horses and begs to ride one every time we see one....whether it's driving past it in the car or even just seeing one in a parade. She surprised me at almost being too scared this time, but I am glad I pushed her to ride it, because in the end, she was in heaven and begged to ride it again and again.



Funny morning faces


We were supposed to go on a weekend vacation with my family  this summer, but it was cancelled as my parents ended up moving around that same time. So instead, we enjoyed a fun Saturday evening at Cherry Hill with my parents and Rueben and Kamille. I meant to take pictures of everyone, but at least captured Daphne having fun "riding" (we didn't put money in any of them) the horse and rocket toys.



My parents sold their house and moved to Syracuse. When the initially bought their house, almost 25 years ago, it was a hud home so it fit the price they needed but and was never ideal. Over the years, they remodeled the entire house and it was quite nice inside as well as in such a good neighborhood. My dad built an awesome custom deck and master bathroom, both of which I know they will miss. The house was just really small and the layout is hard. They considered moving many times over the years but always ended up staying for us kids. Now that we are both out on our own, the finally took the plunge. I am so happy for them to finally have the space they deserve after sacrificing and living in a teeny home just for us kids. Daphne and I have spent a lot of time helping them prepare their house for sale and prep for the move. I enjoyed helping them prepare for an exciting change. I was surprised at how sad I was to say goodbye to my childhood home. It's hard knowing I won't ever go back inside it or see all my parent's neighbors as much, but I am so happy for them and LOVE their new house. I know it's been an emotional roller coaster for them to uproot themselves after living there for so long, but I know they will love their new home more and more as time goes on and they make friends in their new neighborhood.

Daphne enjoyed playing on the "slide" on the moving truck and having Grandpa Crandall tote her around on the cooler. Grandpa Crandall was an awesome helper during the whole 3-4 days they moved. He was a lifesaver when no one else was available to help during the day!



Left: Daphne and Grandpa taking a break during the move. Right: Daphne informed me she was moving and proceeded to carry her chair out to the truck.


I have had a slower start at baby prep this time around, but I did finally sew this car seat cover. My mom got me a few adorable fabrics at the Panguitch Quilt Walk this year that I was super excited to use for a project.

Left: Every time we get out of the car Daphne says "I drive my car", on this day, I was nice enough to give in and stay outside with her for a little while. Right: Note to self, never let Daphne dress herself and fix her own hair;)

Picture of Daphne at the dollar summer movie club. She is obsessed with princesses so I couldn't convince her to take off her princess pj's this morning. I thought she looked awfully cute at the movie theater in them with her zebra slippers:)


Daphne helped me at the Primary Summer water party this year. We had a good turnout this year and we did it earlier in the day so it wasn't so hot. Overall, we felt it was pretty successful. Daphne enjoyed pretending to be one of the big kids.


Dan went with a group of the Elder's from work to Boondocks one Saturday. Daphne joined them for a few hours in the morning while I was doing a garage sale with my parents. The Elders love this girl and often beg that Dan brings her to work with him. We figured this was the perfect opportunity for them to see her for a few hours. They were so cute with her. They saved up all their arcade tickets so she could buy the biggest thing possible there. It was adorable seeing Daphne walk out of Boondocks with a pink ape bigger than her in her arms as all the Elders trailed along behind her, with grins on their faces that went from ear to ear. They were so proud of winning it for her and she loves her "Monkey" to death. He sleeps in her crib every night and takes up most of the bed.



A few other pictures from Boondocks. They both got soaked on the bumper boats thanks to the water war all the Elders initiated on Dan. Not sure that helped the Elder's win her over, good thing her stuffed animal at the end did, haha.


 Dan was so proud he beat the missionaries at their game of bowling.


Military can get in for free to the Treehouse Museum from Memorial Day to Labor Day and we finally went for the first time this summer! Sad I failed to take her more but we sure had fun. Natalie and Tori came with us.


This is where I found out Natalie has a big secret..... and no, she isn't having an African American baby;)


My little drama queen has gotten temper tantrums quite down lately. On the left, you have her clapping through joy with her tear stained face. She asked me for suckers the second she woke up. I told her after breakfast. She freaked out and screamed uncontrollably for 45 minutes while cowering in a little corner in her room. I tried to reason with her several times, but until the 45 minute mark she wouldn't listen. Our compromise? You can HOLD the bag of suckers and after breakfast have one. Sheesh! On the right, you have a 1.5 hour temper tantrum that started in the car. Probably about halfway through I carried her inside, attempted to put her in her bed, which she leaped out of (she has never climbed out of her crib before so I was quite shocked!) and I caught her mid-air....so I just continued to let her work it out and once she was calm and we could talk, she then took a nap. I don't even remember what this one was about. I think it may have been over a sucker again. Haha. She has been doing a lot better the last few weeks. I feel bad when she tells me afterwards about how sad she was during it all. These moments have challenged us both to our limits but so far, it seems like we have been able to have good conversations about them once she is calm.


Daphne showing me her "owies". She loves to put hairbands on her thumb....


Dan with one of the Elder's at work.

For the fourth of July, we went up to Park City with my family during the day. We loved the times we went on vacation there for the 4th growing up, so it was fun to spend the day there as a family. We watched the parade, looked at the shops on main street, and ate at the Loco Lizard. That evening, we went over to the Hawkin's house and enjoyed their mini firework show (well Dan and I did, haha, poor Daphne was terrified of them. One second she was fine and the next we found her whole body slammed against their screen door bawling hysterically as she tried to get inside). After which, we walked over to the elementary school across the street and watched the Layton City fireworks. Luckily, Daphne did great there since the loud noises were farther away. She had fun running around with Boston while they played with the glow sticks I brought them. It was the perfect location. We could see the fireworks just as well there as when we have watched in all the crowded areas near the high school, but didn't have to deal with the crowds or traffic after.














No comments: