Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Daph is 1!

It's August 19th, 2014 and I just realized I never posted the pictures of Daphne's 1st Birthday on the blog! So here you are:)

My best childhood friend, Jessica Cooper, came and took pictures of Daphne and her decor a few hours before her party. We had a Daffodil themed party since at the time her favorite color was yellow and her nickname is Daffodil. I had lots of fun prepping for her party and making her cake.




I had a flower garden of Daffodils that displayed all the monthly photos I had taken of her over the course of the past year.

As well as her invite on a piece of scrapbook paper so the guests could each write her a little note.

 Daffodil rice crispy treats
 



 Daphne riding her favorite duck toy


Cake time! I actually let her dig into two cakes that day. I made 3 cakes total. One for her to dig in for pictures with Jess, one for her to dig in for the party guests, and one for the guests to enjoy.








She was a little hesitant to dig in, which surprised us, since she is the messiest eater in the world. Grandpa Crandall and Daddy didn't seem to have much trouble showing her how to do it. Haha.






Party time! There were many more guests in attendance, like Uncle Rueben and Aunt Kamille, Grandma and Grandpa Jasmer, Uncle Mike and Aunt Natalie, and my Aunt Renae and cousins. I think someone else took pictures for me on their camera, but I can't remember now who would have, so at least I have the below pictures to capture some of the party!




She was pretty obsessed with this toy from my Aunt Renae and kept on going back to it in between daddy "forcing" her to open each gift. I am happy to say though, that this spoiled girl has loved and played with all the toys she was given since.






Her favorite part was all the attention she got. She quickly learned that others were cheering for her as she tried to figure out how to open each gift. So she tested out clapping for herself, which in return, would cause everyone to clap more. She loved clapping and clapping and clapping so that she could get everyone to clap and giggle along with her.


Happy first birthday my baby girl! I can't believe how much you have grown. You are now 2.5 years old and it is so fun to look back on you at your first birthday.

No comments: