Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Disney Day 5 & Trip Home

Disney Trip Day 5

Our 3rd Day in Disney (5th day of vacation) was by far our favorite! As mentioned before, Universal Studios made us realize how much we prefer Disney and we couldn't wait to get back for another day. Day 3 was the best because by then we had figured out the best system to get more bang for our buck. We rode Daphne friendly rides when she was awake and did the other rides when she was sleeping. We saved our fast passes for then so that half the adults could use a fast pass for a ride (while the others stayed back) and get the others a child switch pass that allowed them to go in the fast pass lane as well (while the original group sat with Daphne). We were even able able to get through rides faster with having to go through the fast pass lane twice than the time it would have taken us to all wait through the regular line at times! We seriously rode more rides the last day than we did the other two days combined. It was an awesome day. We were super sick, but Daphne was finally better so that is a big reason why we were able to fit so much in! We also finally got to meet some characters. There were several out walking in California Adventures when it first opened. I had been wanting to have Daphne meet Minnie so bad the entire trip but she was never around. I was thrilled when we saw her roaming the streets with no one in line! Such a fun day. Most of the pictures of Daphne she is looking the other way. There were way too many fun things for her to look at to ever want to smile for a camera:) Writing about this day makes me miss it. Who would have known a 26 year old woman going to Disney for the first time would love it just like as if I was a kid:)





Cars Land

We loved this display that taught you how Pixar movies work.




Yeah, I might have just screamed a little....


...But here I screamed like a BABY. I hate, hate, hate, hate (I can't say that enough) dropping. I will not go on rides that drop. I thought if I went on the Tower of Terror that maybe it would appease Dan, Mike, and Julia so that they would stop teasing me. Lesson learned. I will not ever do it again. I still freak out at the thought of riding it again.

I was super excited to ride the tea cups! I love spinning and have dreamed about riding them someday! Loved them.



Mickey's Toontown



It's a Small World! This was Daphne's favorite ride ever and I loved how long the ride lasted after the long line.




At the end of the night, we watched Fantasmic and the three crazies got soaked riding Splash Mountain three times in a row! Needless to say, they were the only ones on the ride at 10 at night two days before Christmas:)
Waiting at the airport to fly home. We had fun figuring out how to entertain a baby with a very delayed flight. The benefit? We got to pretend we were on vacation a little longer:)

No comments: