Monday, October 5, 2009

My Projects

This summer amidst looking for a job, house, and getting ready for school I got to do some fun projects that I don't normally get to do!

I got all ambitious and starting making fun bags to sell. I sold them for a month or so and then school started and I haven't as much since then. Either way, they have been a fun project and I am planning on still selling them on the side as well as my cakes and vinyl too. I enjoyed doing it in Louisiana and know it will be a good thing for me to do here too! Gives me an excuse to craft!



I got to teach the YW in our ward how to make these bags this past Wednesday and it was a LOT of fun! I missed serving in YW's so it was nice to be invited!

My other fun project has been cakes! We had a party for my brother's two friends, Kyle and Jack right before Jack left on his mission (Kyle leaves next week). I couldn't let the opportunity to pass by to make a cake!


I was REALLY happy about how the cake turned out. This is the most success I have had with fondant so far and I had SOOO much fun!

The bottom of the cake says "I hope they call me on a mission!" and there is a little dot by where he was called to serve.


The other cake I had a good time creating was this one for my Grandma's birthday. She LOVES teddy bears.

Both of these cakes are made out of homemade marshmallow fondant. My friend found the recipe for me. I LOVE it because not only does it work well but it tastes YUMMY unlike regular fondant.

I haven't done any cakes since school started but I am hoping to get together with my friend Megan soon. She has gone cake crazy just like me!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

You have a new cake friend now?? :(
Your cakes look way better than the one I did for Tori's party. No fair.

Crandalls said...

lol...no an existing friend that just happens to want to learn more about cakes. You are still my #1 cake friend. PROMISE! The cake you did for Tori's turned out just fine!!! It was great for your first!

The Otis Family said...

Those are some beautiful cakes. I never knew you were so talented. I'd be interested in some vinyl pics. It's getting close to Christmas and I need ideas.