Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Updating the randomness

Okay, so I know the picture below is kinda gross but I can't help but think that a TB bug must look something like this...it has to be ugly. It just has to be! Anyways, after much struggle for Dan's work to follow through with his TB testing they FINALLY did at his last day on the job. His chest xray came out clean. GOOD NEWS! So he doesn't have TB but does still have TB exposure. So once our insurance switches again with Dan's active duty status he will be taking 3 different meds daily for 9 months. This will be an adjustment for him since I don't think he has ever really taken medicine in his life, guess he was just wanting to compete with me and the bagillion pills I take each day! All in all, we are just happy to know that all is ok.

Second, I think "crossing my fingers still..." that we finally found a house! In case anyone wanted to know, number 4 is the new lucky number. We put an offer on a fourth house a week or so ago. I couldn't even remember what the house looked like at the time (we had looked at so many houses that day and have probably seen 75 houses total. We put an offer on the one we liked best from that day, which fell through and this was our next favorite). I was so sick of looking at houses but knew it was nice so we went for it. Guess the less thought the better! Since we have gone under contract we have seen the house two more times and it is really nice. I was hoping for a different town, but the neighborhood is really nice. There are a few things that need to be addressed in the home in order for our loan to be approved so if all goes well we should be in our new home by about Thanksgiving:)


Our house...lol. I haven't taken any pictures so I thought a doll house would do. Blog posts are much more interesting with pictures in my opinion so I improvised!


And last but not least.....Dan is loving his new job. He started on Sunday so this is only his 3rd day but so far so good! Would be hard for Dan not to like a fitness job:) So far his schedule is worse than it was at the jail (yup! he got out of jail!!!). I didn't think that was possible to have worse hours until he got his shifts working until midnight but it's okay! We are just happy he has a job that pays more, with better insurance to cover more of my expensive medical bills, and to top it off it's a job that he loves!

As for me....I am just busy working, going to school, and trying to help us keep up on everything else until Dan's schedule calms down a little. I keep myself even busier with all my crazy craft projects that I just HAVE to do. They are what keep me sane though! That and watching Gomer Pyle:)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Are you SERIOUS?! You watch Gomer?? Jason would have liked you a gazillion times more if he knew that! lol..just for the record, he liked you a lot.

debs life said...

So, I have this awesome idea! You, Julia and I should totally all get together and start doing these craft projects together! It would be sooo fun! I LOVE doing crafts but I am best at doing ones that people give to me to do, does that make sense? We should do like one big craft project a month or something fun like that! Let me know! I am glad to hear that Dan is doing well. Talk to you soon!