Monday, January 27, 2014

July


July was a lot of fun! Between the 4th of July, going to Bear Lake with my family (posts on both of those to follow), quilting like crazy, throwing my SIL Natalie a baby shower. and just enjoying the sun, it was a pretty good month!

I got recruited to make a quilt for our friend's Jack and Jaime for their wedding. Jack's mom had wanted to make one for him but was running out of time so she asked me to make it for her to give to them. The quilt is made out of all of Jaime's jeans and Jack's favorite Hawaiian shirts growing up. My mom helped me design and stitch some of the embroidery for the center. The four squares are stick figures of them of how they met, first date, engagement, and their wedding. The quilt was way more work than I expected, and I had only a few weeks to complete it, but I had a lot of fun doing it. I hadn't quilted in awhile so it was fun to get back into.

I threw my SIL Natalie a Dr Seuss themed shower. I may have had way too much fun with tying Dr Seuss into all the little details... from the invites, to making her a quilt, to the foods, decor, games, etc.

Food: We had green deviled eggs and ham, pink ink drink, oh the places you'll go jello, and many more. The table was decorated with truffula trees all over too. My SIL Kristen also brought a fun Cat and the Hat candy jar (I may have gotten a little too busy to be a good picture taker) that everyone had to guess how many candies were in it, as well as there were a few other games related to Dr. Seuss books and such. 

The quilt I made. I fell in LOVE with the fabric I used for the back. The fabric addict in me kind of wishes I would have bought a yard just to have on hand for myself:)
We took Daphne swimming one Saturday. She had a ball, sporting her sunglasses, and spending the whole time jumping into the pool, getting back out, and doing it again. 

My parents were nice enough to watch Daphne overnight while we went camping with Mike and Julia in Lava Hot Springs. Lesson learned: Don't trust pictures of online campsites. I rented one and when we got there, the place was super overcrowded and I swear our space was smaller than our living room. Needless to say, we got a refund and found an awesome place down the road with only one other camper in the whole area. It was awesome. We had fun enjoying the good company, campfire food, and hot tubs.

Daphne was so excited to see her Grandpa Crandall in town. We were so happy to see her that way as well because she has had a general fear of men since birth and it took her a long time to warm up to him with him only visiting every few months.

We took Grandpa Crandall to the Bountiful Handcart Days for the 24th of July while he was in town. It was pretty small but we had fun. Aunt Nat joined us as well. Everything was around 50 cents to a dollar to participate in, so we won Daphne several prizes, she rode the swings, and Dan and I rode the spinney ride pictured on the left. Mostly little kids were riding it so once we got on and realized we could make it go ridiculously fast, we did! We were moving so fast that I couldn't even lift my head up off the seat. Lol. It was a lot of fun, we definitely both felt a little sick afterwards, but it was worth it.

Uncle Mike babysitting Daphne. She loves to share food if you can't tell. Too bad she doesn't feel the same about toys. We have always thought she looks exactly like me but seeing the two of them in the picture on the right, makes us realize she has some Crandall in her too!

Oh the joys of lots and lots of car rides...

Daphne is obsessed with chairs and climbing. One day I found her trying to get her chair into higher and higher locations and climb into it. She first put it on top of Dan's Hmong stool. Later on I found her in it on top of her rocking chair. Silly girl.

Boston, Dan, and Daphne during our "daylight fireworks" at Boston's house. We attempted some fairly lame fireworks while it was still light out as it was already past the kiddos bedtime. We at least had great company even if our firework show was a little amateur, especially with it being light out.

Just chillin' at the Splash Pad.


Just taking care of baby

 Left: I told Daphne to smile for daddy so I could send him a picture, and well yeah.... 
Right: Butter, a.k.a Peanut Butter, addict!


Left: Who doesn't need a princess to join them on a shopping trip? Right: After Daphne pulled the bike off the shelf and tried to scoot around it while it was still in the box, we realized we probably should invest in one ourselves!
Reading stories

Dan and Rueb helping build my parent's new deck.

No comments: