Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Reserve Shower

For those that don't know, Dan is in the Air Force Reserves (he joined the Reserves when he finished active duty in Louisiana and we moved back to Utah). He works one weekend a month on base. A few of the girls in his squadron have been excited for months to throw us a baby shower during the January Reserve Weekend.

We both really enjoyed it. It was interesting to have a shower that consisted of more males than females (they aren't as good at giving the appropriate "ooohs and ahhs" when I opened cute girly gifts...but they tried!). The two girls that were in charge of the shower were so sweet and did such a good job spoiling our little girl.

We started off by playing several games (they are all sitting on the table) and the prizes were the cute candy bouquets they made. My favorite game was the baby food guessing game. It was funny to watch the men smell and sometimes even taste the food:)
A few of the guests.
Dan eating while I was opening.
One of the many cute outfits she received.
It was fun to have Dan at the shower. He was in Basic Training for all my bridal showers so it was nice to have him involved in one for his baby girl.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I just got caught up on your blog! You are so adorable. i am so excited for you and Dan to meet Daphne. I can't wait to hear about her birth story and see pictures too!!! Congratulations again. I'm so sorry I couldn't come to your baby shower. It looks like you had a great time. I hope Daphne joins us safely and soon!!