Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas

Christmas this year was great, as usual. I love Christmas time and the spirit it brings. We kept things simple this year for Christmas and enjoyed the opportunities we had to serve others and spend time with family. I didn't take pictures very well during the holidays, but I did happen to capture of a few of the highlights.

Dan was THRILLED to get a Saints jacket, as requested, as my gift to him for Christmas. I also made him a pair of Saints pajamas. It cracks me up how much he loves the Saints that I made sure to get a picture of him decked out in Saints gear on Christmas Day from head to toe. He even made the comment that all he needs now are Saints shoes...I think a Saints beanie, shirt, jacket, and bottoms is plenty!
Every year my mom's family does a gift exchange. We generally try to stick with things that are homemade, but it's not required. This year, Rueben got engaged to Kamille after we had already done the drawing. We decided that since both Kamille and our baby were halfway into the family at this point that they would have each other's names. Since Daphne isn't quite capable of making Kamille a gift yet, I was put in charge of the task. Dan had the crazy idea of wanting to give Kamille a gift that was half Saints and half Steelers. She is a Steelers fan. Dan and Kamille are always teasing each other about the other's team. So thus, the pj pants below evolved...

She was excited at first, thinking I had made her Steelers pjs. I folded the pants just right so that you couldn't see the other pant leg that contained Saints fabric. Part of me felt bad that we gave her such a tacky gift, but she was such a good sport about it! Here family even says that she wears them regularly at home:)

Oh, and one last picture. For New Year's Eve Dan and I went to the Hogle Zoo lights. We originally were planning on playing games with family and friends, but after everyone came down with the stomach flu we made a quick change of plans. We both really enjoyed the lights and spending that time together. Afterwards we grabbed a bite to eat and were home and I was dead asleep before 9 PM. So much for me being a good partier when I am prego...but Dan enjoyed staying up late watching movies by himself:)

1 comment:

MG said...

Wow for only 3 years in LA he sure is in love with the Saints :) What a fun Christmas present.