Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ready to Pop!

My best friend, Julia, threw me an amazing shower a few weeks ago. I had such a great time and enjoyed visiting with all the family and friends that came. Julia spent a lot of time preparing for the shower (and even crafted! For those of you who don't know her...that is a major accomplishment!) and spoiled Daphne like crazy. She came up with the cute theme, "Ready to Pop" and had all different types of popcorn amongst other foods for everyone to enjoy.



Downstairs she decorated for the shower as well with lots of cute baby clothes, supplies, and an adorable owl pillow. She used all the items displayed later on in a game. After everyone was done eating, she took down everything on display and everyone had to write down as many of the baby items that they could remember.



While I opened gifts she also had a BINGO game for the guests to play. She gave everyone blank BINGO sheets and had them write down gifts they thought I might receive in all the boxes. As I opened gifts everyone marked off the gifts I had received on their cards. The first few people to get a BINGO got a prize.

Everyone that came were so generous. I really appreciate all the gifts we were given. Daphne sure is joining such a great group of people. Dan and I are so grateful already for all the support and love our loved ones have shown her.

Our friend, Mary, was such a good photographer at this shower as well. She took a few hundred pictures, capturing every moment. It is nice I have so many pictures to choose from and also entertaining as well. There were PLENTY of bloopers like the one below:)

My mom and I

My mom gave me the baby booties I wore as a baby (that my Grandma sitting next to me made)

As well as she made TONS of burp cloths and receiving blankets
Some of the guests...including cute Baby Hinkley and Lindsay (Rueben's fiance's sister and my close friend)

Cooper Girls
Dana Cooper, Lindsay & Hinkley, Dolores, Cindy, me, and my Grandma Black


Julia's mom & sister, my Aunt Cindy, and Aunt Renae

My grandma made Daphne quite a few gifts as well. She made a receiving blanket, burp cloths, bibs, and crocheted these cute headbands.

She also crocheted this cute blanket as well.

There were lots of other cute gifts as well....more fun homemade gifts, lots of cute clothes and dresses, shoes, supplies, etc. I am amazed at all we have been given!

And for all those that have requested pictures of my prego belly..well you finally get one! As many know, I haven't been too keen on capturing the belly on camera, but was convinced to do so at the shower.

2 comments:

Sparks said...

Oh goodness, just look at your tiny little bump! You look AMAZING!

Congrats again!
Cindy Sparks

Mike and Nat said...

Look who got all caught up on blogging. ;) Love it!