Saturday, July 11, 2009

YW Memories

After finishing my post about the Young Women farewell party I remembered that my friend, Sabette, was able to get me copies of some of the pictures of the yw that I didn't have before we moved. So in tribute to the YW whom I love and miss dearly.... here are some of my favorite memories with you!

In January or February we had New Beginnings/YW in Excellence combined. I had wanted to blog about it at the time but my camera died and I never got pictures. So thanks Sabette for your help so I could add this to my blog!

We did a whole Hollywood themed night for the activity and called it "A Nite Amongst the Stars". All the yw were our stars and it turned out to be a lot of fun. I was in charge of decorations and all the girls helped me make them. We had a red carpet for the girls to walk down when they got their awards from the previous year.

The biggest award of the night was when our sweet Jean received her YW medallion. Way to go Jean!
All the parents were invited for the special night. All the girls and leaders dressed up in Hollywood attire and we ate dinner of china and drank out of crystal glasses. It was lots of fun but definitely WAY too many dishes to wash by hand afterwards! The girls were worth it though.
Each of the YW had a table set up specifically for them to display their accomplishments from the last year on.

Kaitlin
Heather D.
Kali
Madison

Emma

Amber

Racheal (she forgot her display so we let her borrow our party favors so her table wasn't empty!)

Jean

Kayla

Maitlin

Mariah

Jaclyn

Sarah

The Laurels

The Miamaids

The Beehives (and soon to be beehives!)

Us Leaders

Everyone showing off their bling!
One of my favorite activities with the YW was when we got to go to the Lake! We went boating several times last summer and always had a blast.
The Loftins, a family in our ward, let us use their backyard and dock for our boating activities. This picture is of some of the YW before we started boating.


The YW were obviously a lot more talented than me at boating!!!

2 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

us leaders...minus one...thanks for sharing those phote since i had to leave early that night so geoffrey could get to work...congrats on your new jobs

Amber Shellabarger said...

Hey I am making a Barbie cake with an actual Barbie and the cake is the dress and need some help with ideas.