Monday, July 27, 2009

Our new life in Utah

So far our new life in Utah has been filled with lots and lots and lots of job hunting, getting set up with new insurances, changing our address on everything, registering for school, applying for tuition assistance through the AF MGI Bill, etc, etc. But in-between to keep ourselves from going CRAZY we have done quite a few fun things!

We both know once work and school starts our lives will get crazily busy so we have been trying to enjoy the time off as well. I have been able to do some craft projects with my mom and Dan has spent quite a bit of time with his brothers. We have enjoyed getting to catch up on time lost with both of our families as well as some of our friends!

For the weekend of the 4th of July we decided to all get away from reality. We took a much needed short two day trip to Jackson Hole. It was fun to relax with my parents and enjoy the scenery. I hadn't been there since I was really little and Dan had never been.

The boys

Mom and Dad in front of the Antler Arch

We did this as a joke to tease my brother Rueben. When my family went to Jackson Hole last time Rueben was probably about 7 years old. We were taking a picture in front of the antler arch and he went to do a peace sign and so did I. He got so mad thinking I had copied him that in the picture you see me with my peace sign and him with the biggest pout on his face ever. We thought that memory was worth reenacting.


Dan with his new cowboy hat.

Me at the Parade. It was really hot so I did more sitting than actually watching.

Mom and Dad at the Parade.

I got some free stickers at the parade. I put one on Dan's back and my Dad put the other. It took him several hours to notice they were on there. It was really funny.

Dan and I at the Parade.

The boys.

When Dan finally noticed he tried to get us back by putting the stickers on my dad's shirt. My mom kept on pulling them off so it didn't work too well!

After the Parade we road a tram up to the top of the Tetons.

Watching the scenery as we rode up the mountain.

It was VERY windy and cold up at the top of the Tetons. Quite the opposite of the parade we had just come from!

Dan and I took a short hike while we were up there.

Dan got this picture for his dad. He hiked up a really steep part and I took a picture from a much lower spot (with more stable ground! I was quite nervous!). His Dad took him for a graduation trip on a hike to the top of the Tetons. We did the cheater version and wanted to send him a picture for memory sake.

Playing in the snow on the 4th of July.

I just observed it.

Us as we finished our short hike.

That night we watched fireworks from right outside our condo. We purposely chose to stay where the fireworks were so we wouldn't have to deal with traffic afterwards. We had a great time and can't wait to go back! The condo we stayed in was really nice too. It was much bigger than we expected and will be fun to go back to once Rueben and I both have families.

We drove by the Tetons one last time the next morning on our way out.

Goodbye Tetons!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Awww! That picture of you in the tram is a really great picture! It is so weird to see you and Dan with a different scenery behind you...y'all look so different then you did down here! Miss y'all!

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dan said...

This vacation was hecka cool. Especially going to the Tetons was definitely my favorite because it brought back memories with my dad when we went up together, except this time it was with my beautiful wife sierra and her parents. Yeah, i'll have to admit i did look pretty good in all the pictures. I mean Sierra and i looked good.