Monday, July 6, 2009

A few of our favorite things continued...

As I mentioned before, Dan and I many opportunities to do some of our favorite things before we left Louisiana. One of my most favorite things was the night we spent with my best Louisiana friend, Jenni, and her family. We LOVED to craft and cake decorate together so we had to have one last fun-filled night to last us until we visit Louisiana again.

We had a BBQ for dinner and then the boys watched a basketball game while us girls and the kids decorated. We usually try to do extravagant things but that night, we just kept it simple so we could relax and visit.

Jenni's niece, Tori, was visiting for the day. Tori and Jacob got to decorate a cake of their own as well.


Jenni and I decided to make fish cakes:) They were lots of fun!


All of us decorating.


Our finished product!




The kids finished product! Whoever LOVES frosting would enjoy this cake!



Dan dipping orange candy slices in frosting. He must of been really hungry because normally he hates frosting! I had to take a picture because I couldn't help but laugh at him dipping sugar in sugar!

Last but not least, we tried a new experiment. Jenni found a recipe for homemade Marshmallow fondant. It was so easy to make and it was YUMMY! It melted in your mouth it was so good. I was so excited to find a good/easy recipe because usually when I decorate with fondant it looks pretty but doesn't taste good. Now I have found the best of both worlds!


Our Quick cake with Fondant.
Thanks again Jenni and Jason for such a great night! We loved it. Tell the boys hi for me and give them a hug and kiss! We miss ya'll!

We also loved going miniature golfing to this place just down the street from our house. The movers came to pack up our stuff on a Monday and we didn't move until Wednesday. We kept some movies and the computer for entertainment but it didn't quite work out as planned! Our Internet was turned off early (my stupidity...oops!) and for some reason the sound on the laptop wasn't working so we couldn't watch our movies. Needless to say, the last two nights we were there we spent a lot of time out of the house at the Boardwalk, mini golfing, and even at Walmart!

I am not a very good mini golfer, but I enjoy it. I was SOOO close to getting a hole in one but then I might have ruined my really high score! Too bad we weren't playing basketball, I would have won:)


Dan getting ready to get a hole in one.


Probably getting a hole in one again:)


Maybe if I swing the club like a bat....I might get somewhere, lol!

Waiting on the bench for Dan to take his turn.
More favorite things soon to follow!:)

1 comment:

Dan said...

Mini golfing has always been one of my favorite things to do with Sierra, we both aren't really good but we have so much fun when we play.