Friday, March 27, 2009

St. Patty's

St. Patrick's day is one of my favorite holidays, actually I think all holidays are:) I really wanted to do something fun for St. Patty's but as the day got closer, and especially the day of, I realized our schedule was going to be too busy to do much. I had to get allergy shots after work and then both of us had to be out the door by 5:30. Dan was going to a school performance for one of the young men at church and I went to an awards ceremony for one of the young women. We both loved getting to go!

Anyways, so I got home a few minutes before 5 and decided the only thing I could think of that was quick enough for dinner was breakfast. Since I still wanted to celebrate I figured it wouldn't take much more time to make it a green breakfast!



We had green waffles, green grapes, green juice, and a four leaf clover on top of our eggs (I didn't think I could handle eating green eggs:). I also pulled out our green Christmas tablecloth from Guatemala.


I am also quite the stickler for following St. Patrick's day rules! Dan remembered to wear green during the day (not hard when your uniform has green on it!) but when he changed into his pj's he no longer had green on. Dan goes to be earlier than I do since he has to get up at 4am. As he was trying to fall asleep I was laying next to him watching tv and kept on pinching him about every 10 seconds (I know...I can be quite annoying sometimes!). He finally got sick of it and went and put on his green military socks. I thought it was funny because he is so hot blooded that he is always in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. He never wears pants and socks unless he has to for work or church. His military socks are extremely thick and go almost to his knees so I knew he had to be burning up! After about 5 minutes of the torture I let him take off his green socks and promised I wouldn't pinch him anymore so he could get to sleep:)




I also made this plaque for St. Patty's! I was quite proud because this is the first craft project I have actually finished before the holiday (only the day before...but still!) since Halloween. I always get these great ideas and start projects and well....yeah...At least I finished my Christmas ones after Christmas!... but my Thanksgiving and January/winter projects are still sitting....:)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sierra-I can't get over the fact at how creative and crafty you are!! I wish that you were around to teach me all this stuff! I have two kids and I didn't even do anything for them for St. Pattys Day. You are so good!