Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Colt!

Like I said in the previous post, I assisted Jenni in making Colt's birthday cake. Colt loves the movie Cars so we did a Mcqueen cake. We didn't start icing the cake until almost 10pm on friday night so we were tired and ready to get it done! Plus we had to since the party was Saturday morning! Overall, I think it turned out really good! Jenni did almost all of the stars and piping. She did a really good job! She even fixed the bad cross eyes I created on the cake! I think I have gotten her addicted to cake decorating recently:)



Jenni putting on the finishing touches



Our little assistant, Jacob, wanted to help with the cake during every step! He was really excited for his brother's birthday cake.



Colt admiring the finished project. He was quite excited too. He kept on pointing to the cake and saying "My Queen! My Queen!". It was really cute! There were several finger pokes in the cake throughout the decorating process becuase he would get so excited when pointing and would poke it instead.

Birthday boy with messy hair from playing in his inflatable jumping gym that his daddy got him for his birthday.


Colt opening up his gift from Dan and I.



Jacob was just as excited for Colt's birthday, if not more, so Jacob was Colt's "helper" for opening presents.


We got him a giant Cars coloring book and crayons for his birthday.


And last but not least....Colt and Jacob blowing out his birthday candles!

No comments: