Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cake, Cake, Cake, and CAKE!

So far in the month of March I have made 4 cakes. It has been fun but I am a little cake'd out!

The first cake was for a baby shower. My friend, Jenni, was throwing a baby shower for one of her friend's from high school and she asked me to help her make the invites and the cake. It was really fun! I always enjoy hanging out with Jenni and lately crafting is our thing...so this was a fun project. I have to admit, the night wasn't going so smoothly between a few issues with the cake amongst a few other things. So by the time we were finished with the cake we were both so sick of it I didn't even want to look at it. A few things didn't turn out quite how I wanted and I was a little frustrated. So I am glad I was too lazy to blog for awhile because now that I look at the pictures of the cake I don't think the cake is half bad! I learned a lot while working on this cake that will help me in the future. Plus, it was fun to make it with such a great friend!


The finished product.


My extremely chubby puppy dog.

This was what Jenni gave as a shower gift. I cut out the vinyl firetruck for her. I thought her gift turned out so cute!
The second cake I made was quite a simple one but I thought it turned out cute. It was for Jenni's birthday. We all take turns buying cakes for each other's birthdays at work. I went to walmart the day before her birthday thinking I would be able to just find something that would work. They didn't have anything I liked so once again, I decided I may as well just make it myself! I thought I wasn't going to have enough time, that is why I went to walmart, but I am glad I made the time in the end! She deserved it!


The third cake made this month was for Jenni's son, Colt's 2nd birthday. Jenni actually did most of the work on it. I just assisted. I have pictures of the birthday party too so I will post everything on my next post.
The 4th cake is basically the same as the 2nd one. Same idea, just with a little twist. We had several birthdays that needed to be celebrated for the young women at church so we had a mini birthday party for them all last night. We were supposed to do a picture scavenger hunt and them come back for cake and ice cream. Right as we were about to leave the church the area was put under a tornado warning, so we couldn't leave the building. The girls all took it with stride though and we enjoyed just visiting, eating cake and ice cream, as well as playing sardines (which is the opposite of hide and seek...one person hides and everyone tries to find that one person and hides with them. The last person to find the hiding spot is "it" for the next round).

3 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

those cake are all so cute and awesome.Love the fire truck one. The dog turned out so dand cute. You're so talented

Anonymous said...

Can you stop being so cool? You are making me look bad, lol.

Megan said...

Will you teach me how to make such neat cakes?? I would really love to learn!!