Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I hope they call me on a Mission.........

The wait is FINALLY over! Rueben got his mission call today. We have been waiting for about 3 weeks for it and have been so excited to find out where my brother would serve his mission. Well actually, this is something we have been waiting for almost Rueben's whole life. Funny how I remember talking about Rueben's mission when we were quite young...I remember thinking the day he would know where he was going would never come....and now like 10 years later that moment has finally come!

The package with his call came in the mail while he was at work. My mom was SO excited she called me right after she checked the mail. The remainder of the day has been spent painstakingly waiting (more for him than the rest of us....) until 6:30pm when he could open his call. Dan's family, Mike & Julia, Kyle, and his friend Josh were able to be there with the fam as the call was opened. There were even a few of us on speaker phone including Dan and I. My mom had everyone guess one state side mission and one foreign mission. Dan guessed Rueben would go to Germany or New York, I guessed South Africa or Boise, ID (Rueben had a really funny dream about going there). There were a few more Germany guesses, few more Africa, Tennessee, Scotland, Zimbabwe, Pennsylvania, Guatemala, Brazil....and a TON more! We basically had the whole map covered!

Now to the main point of my blog.....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE....................................................................



PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA!!!!!
Home of the Liberty Bell!
SECOND DRUM ROLL PLEASE......................................................
SPANISH SPEAKING!!!!!!!

Now who guessed right??? GABE! Dan's little brother! Actually when my mom read off Gabe's guess something just seemed right about it... I had a good feeling he might go there! And actually....Rueben said the thought of going to Philadelphia had crossed his mind earlier in the day. How cool! All of us were a little surprised I think about the Spanish part! Can you tell I am excited about this??? I only have one sibling so this is quite an exciting thing for my family! He leaves on his two year LDS mission on April 22. We are so excited for Rueben and so proud of him. He is the best brother anyone could ask for. We know he will be a great missionary, he already is a great example to everyone around him. We love you Rueben!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job babe, your great at telling fun experiences. It was great, Rueben was so happy and excited, i'm very proud of him for the young man he is today and great younger brother of mine he is. He's going to be an amazing missionary, much better than i ever was because he is well prepared. Fine young man and will touch many lives in Philadelphia, Pa

Anonymous said...

OH YAY! Maybe he can get some Spanish lessons from Julia? Its kind of scary that one would have to know a different language in philli? Oh well, thanks for sharing.

Kati said...

OH YAY!! how exciting!!! thats gotta be such a cool place!!

Kyle Cooper said...

Wow you guys really get into that Mardi gras Sounds like a big thing down there. It is so fun to read your blog. One of these days I am going to make on and shock everyone.
Love,
Dana