Monday, January 19, 2009

IHOP, Killer Bunnies, & a Sierra Cutlass....

You may be wondering what IHOP, Killer Bunnies, and a Sierra Cutlass have in common with each other...well they are the 3 things I forgot to add to the blog when I was posting about our trip to Utah:) All random events, I know, but wanted to add the pictures before I forgot!




On New Year's Day we went with Dan's parents, his 3 younger brothers, and my family to IHOP. It was nice to have both families together visiting at the same time!


We also had a game night with Dan's family and mine at our house the night before we left. Us kids got really into playing "Killer Bunnies". They game lasted long enough that Rueben put it in the same category as Monopoly...meaning it is one of those games that takes way too long that he won't be playing it again anytime soon with us! We had a blast though! Dan even won the game, he was super excited about that!


My family has been short one car for quite some time now. Rueben is getting ready to leave on his mission in the next few months. He actually turned in his call while we were in Utah and it should have already come. Either way, he SHOULD for sure know where he is going on his 2 year mission this week. We are all really excited to find out. Anyways, since Rueben was so close to leaving on his mission when the car quit my family has all been sharing. They decided it wasn't worth buying another vehicle that would only be used for 6 months or so. Sharing cars has been really difficult especially since my mom works 3am-3pm. Usually Rueben would have to wake up and take her to work if he needed the car that day.


So when my grandparents offered to let him borrow their extra car for the next few months! Rueben was ecstatic! You would have thought they had given him a brand new car as a gift! I was with Rueben when we picked up the car and rode with him on the way home. The car is a 1993 Buick Sierra Cutlass. He used to drive a 1990 Chevy Lumina, so this was an upgrade for him. This car even has automatic locks! Funny though...how although this car is newer, it sure looks older! It reminds me of the 1980 Buick Lasabre I drove in high school that was dubbed "The Limo".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man who are those good looking men at IHOP, heh, its missing the best good looking man, DAN. Oh he must be the one taking the picture.

Jessica said...

Oh my word! I love Killer Bunnies! Other than the people who introduced us to the game, I had no idea other people played it! I haven't played that game in awhile though, even though we did get an expansion pack for Christmas (the black one)! How fun!