Thursday, June 26, 2008

Aldergators and such....


After our few days of being beach bums in Florida we headed towards home with a short detour to New Orleans. We went to the French Quarters, which was fun, but tiring! We did lots of walking around, looking in shops, etc. Our favorite part of French Quarters was the French Market, which is like a flea market. There were tons of booths to look at with neat Mardi Gras souvenirs and such. We also went to the New Orleans Aquarium where we got to pet a shark and stingrays. One of the stingrays got a little riled when Dan went to pet it and it jumped out of the water at him. It was quite hilarious to see the look on Dan’s face!








After coming back home for a day we set on yet one more adventure….the Natchitoches Alligator Park. Dan is just like a little kid when it comes to alligators. They fascinate him in everyway. The boys even got a chance to hold an alligator as well as taste test some fried alligator, which has become a favorite of Dan’s since we moved to the south.








Overall, we had a great week with Rueben. It was so nice to be able to spend so much time with him. He has grown so much since we got married. Moving away from family has been tough so I am extremely grateful for any opportunity we have to spend with them. We learned a lot about him this week and what a great young man he is becoming! He will be a great missionary. I look up to him a lot and I am grateful to have such a wonderful brother. My favorite part of the whole week by far, was just getting to talk and joke around with my brother. We had some great conversations and made great memories to look back on. Although it was sad to see him go, we look forward to what the future will bring.

1 comment:

Amber Shellabarger said...

Oh my! When I pulled up your blog and saw your face in the star fish I realized I haven't seen you in two years and it made me miss you. Hope all is well and keep up the blogging. I love it!!