Thursday, June 26, 2008

Florida Beach Bums


So this past week my parents suprised my brother by sending him to see us as a graduation present. Lucky him!:) We had a great week. We don't often get a chance to spend one on one time with my brother so this trip was extremely special for all of us.



The week started off with a few days at Pensacola Beach in Florida. Dan's Dad and Donna reserved a beach front condo for a week and invited us for part of the trip, as well as a few of Donna's kids. We had a great time! It was my first time as well as Ruebens to ever see the ocean. We were just like little kids! Rueben and I collected seashells, built a sand castle, etc. The boys also got to do a few adventurous things such as kayaking in the ocean while us girls floated are lazily in the water. Our favorite part by far were the jellyfish....YEAH RIGHT! There was a big storm the day we arrived in Florida and well the storm decided to bring in the jellyfish to join us on the vacation. The first day we were quite nervous around them (becuase I don't know about you but there isn't much fun in getting stung by a jellyfish) but by the end of the trip everyone was getting in the water constantly regardless of the jellyfish....To say the least, we loved our stay there...it was extremely relaxing and great to be able to spend so much time with family.


This picture was taken on the last day when I
was a little more brave around the jellyfish!


Rueben and I building our first Sand Castle...





Dan buried us in the sand....there was so much sand
in our swimming suit afterwards. It was ridiculous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been there, it was the first time for me seeing the altantic ocean, it was about 4 years ago when my bro in law Jesse (who's in the Air Force( lived at Eglin AFB. It was cool!