Monday, March 26, 2012

Since we have been home....

This is going to be a VERY long post but since I have started printing my blog into books I want to include all the pictures I want printed for memory sake. Hopefully I get better at posting more often so the pictures won't be as much of an overload! But in the meantime....here is an overview of the past month:)

These are the cute flowers we found sitting on the doorstep from my boss when we came home from the hospital

Sleeping in her bouncer at about 3 days old


Our little baby burrito...she LOVES being swaddled. She was 3 or 4 days old here and it was one of the first times she was awake long enough to capture her eyes open on camera.

I took this picture right before Daphne and I went to Mckay at 6 days old to get some help with feeding her. Sad thing is, this outfit lasted all but 10 seconds. Right after I took this picture she had a blowout, I put her in another outfit which she then peed through on the way to the hospital:) If I remember right she also peed on me that morning too...all this happened while Dan was at church or else I hope she would've done it all for daddy instead!
On the ride to Mckay. She has been a binky addict since day one and I have to say I love the binky just as much!
One of the MANY funny faces she makes:) It is amazing at how quickly they change. Her eyes are so dark here compared to the light blue they now seem to be.
Meeting her Uncle Gabe for the first time. Well, or at least Gabe meeting her. She had her eyes closed the whole time Dan's family came to visit despite all the efforts to get her to open her cute little eyes!
Grandma Jasmer trying to get her to wake up. She was about a week old in these pictures. Dan's family was among the many that were so nice to drop by and bring us a meal. We sure were spoiled upon coming home and appreciate all the meals that were brought to us!
A little over a week after Daphne was born she got to meet her cousin Boston for the first time when he brought us dinner:) Boston is about 2.5 weeks older than Daphne.

Daphne's first visit to my parent's house at 12 days old. My dad babysat her while my mom and I went to my future sister-in-law's bridal shower. It was my first time away from Daphne to do something fun and it sure felt weird! Talk about separation anxiety!

After the shower she was able to meet Dana Cooper, my second mom growing up! I was so excited for her to get to meet Daphne. She has had lots of other visitors as well but I haven't been the best at always taking pictures.
This picture was taken later on that night. I just had to take a picture of her because this face cracks me up. She makes these face whenever she seems surprised...lol
Hanging out with daddy
Eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, or some meal in-between....I love how the bottles are all bigger than her head!
Our attempt at catching Daphne's smile on camera. Dan and I are way too amused by the laughs and smiles she makes while asleep!
Daphne playing by herself in her cute Zebra outfit.
Overall this past month has been great. It has definitely had its ups and downs but we sure do enjoy having Daphne in our home. I can't believe how much she is growing and changing. It seems like just yesterday she slept all day long (which I guess yesterday isn't too far off from the truth!) and now she just takes a few naps here and there during the day. I love how interactive she is becoming and I am loving this time I have to spend a few months with her before I have to go back to work. She's a keeper!

No comments: