Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving

So this year for Thanksgiving we decided to start some new and fun memories of our own! The last 3 years Thanksgiving has been a little random with our turkey catching on fire the first year, Dan being deployed the second, and us making a quick stop for a Cajun Thanksgiving last year on our way to a weekend getaway/half marathon on the beach. So this year we decided it was about time to have a traditional Thanksgiving (although I totally missed having cajun fried turkey and the warmth of the beach!!!)

The morning started off with the Crandall boys playing football, winning 3-0.

We decided to be crazy enough to host Thanksgiving at our house this year (we hadn't even moved in yet...my mom and I just packed up her dishes and went to town cooking! We are proud to say...we ended up with entirely edible food despite a oven neither of us knew how to use!)

My mom's awesome Turkey plates that she has wanted for years and purchased just in time for the feast (and she got a great deal on them too!)


Dan's family joined us as well.

I had to put this picture...it just made me laugh. I have no idea what Gabe was eating but this picture just cracks me up!

My grandpa (far left) joined for the day as well!

Gabe has food in his mouth again....lol.

It was fun to have it at our house for our first Thanksgiving back in Utah! The only bad part about the whole day was our water heater wouldn't work. Boiling water to washes dishes by hand for like 3 hours is definitely a memory we won't forget! Thanks family for making it such a special day and helping make our house feel like home! We are so glad you all could come!

No comments: