Monday, December 14, 2009

House

So....hopefully better late than never is the way to go! We closed on our house on November 12th and do to totally craziness in life the blog has been horribly neglected...but now that finals are over with (yay!) I have a little more time on my hands:)

Due to some complications at closing we didn't officially close until almost a week later. So the Saturday before Thanksgiving I set out to majorly clean the house. I was glad Dan had a few hours off from work to help as well as my parents who graciously spent a portion of their day scrubbing.

I know the next picture is gross...but I had to take it to prove why I spent like 8 hours just on the kitchen alone. Between just total grossness, burnt/moldy top ramen in the microwave, and the ledge pictured below (they kept plants on top of the ledge and would water them up there I assume...there was basically lots of wetness, mold, and rust)...it was a project! But in the end, we have a very clean kitchen!:)


Our Front Room

The front window/door




Looking from the front room into the dining

Dining Room



Dining room looking down into the living room


kitchen (and my sweet dad helping with some of the kitchen grossness! The previous owners tried putting this plastic strip on the top of the countertops for some weird reason to cover a teeny gap and it looked awful. When we pulled it off there is this glue that is everywhere that has to be removed...my dad spent like 2 hours cleaning just a couple feet of it with solvant. So...the kitchen is going to be an on-going project for awhile but it will be worth it in the end)

The kitchen pantry and my retro green contact paper installation


Bedroom #1


The funky fan (we have a blue one too!)



Bedroom #2



Master Bedroom


Walk-in Closet



Master Bathroom


Main bathroom. We re-did the floor before closing and plan on doing the same floor in the master bath.





Overall, so far we LOVE having our house:) Life got a little crazy with finals, cars breaking down, etc but we finally got a little unpacking done this weekend! When we first moved in we found the shower curtain and that was about it! Now you can actually walk into the bedrooms without tripping and our clothes are now on hangers! More pictures to come in the future when we get rid of the sea of boxes!

1 comment:

Sparks said...

Congrats!! Isn't it a great feeling to have your own home? It looks super nice and I can't wait to see all the cute decorations you'll add.

~Cindy Sparks