Friday, September 28, 2012

6 Month Photo Shoot

As mentioned in my previous post, my old-time friend, Jess, came to meet Daphne and take some pictures of her. It was such a fun day and I loved getting to catch up with Jess and have her meet my little girl. Daphne has been going through a "stranger danger" phase so I was a little nervous of how she would be with Jess but she LOVED her from the second she walked in the door and showed off all her cute smiles right away. When it came to the photo shoot, I don't think she liked Jess or I so much anymore:) Who can blame her, sitting in a suitcase with a tutu on is probably not the most comfortable thing for a wobbly six month old. Despite that, we still caught some cute faces and I love all the photos nonetheless. Jess did an amazing job and will make a great photographer.
 

The Prep: Getting the black fabric in and Daphne placed
was quite the task. I think we spent over an hour just getting
 this spot ready. I enjoyed a lot of the pictures Jess took
of the behind the scenes like this one.


The prep was totally worth it when we caught cute faces like this one on film!


And this one too!
We had a few binky breaks along the way to try to cheer her up.
The binky didn't work quite as well as it did when she had
her newborn pictures taken. It doesn't quite cure the
stubbornness she gets from her mom!

Back to cute poses. I like this one because she makes this face all the time...

...and this face too!


This is definitely a favorite of mine. She was not about to put up with it any longer but looks so cute with this pouty face of hers!

After Daphne was done with the suitcase we gave her a break to eat, play, and even nap a little. Jess and I enjoyed visiting in the meantime. When Daphne woke up we decided to try taking her outside. This little girl was quite frustrated the whole time but we still captured some great ones! I think after I forced her to wear a tutu she wasn't having any of it. She didn't want to do anything mommy wanted her to do, for example, this little girl LOVES to sit outside in the grass or stand up and hold onto her chair, but since it was mommy's idea it was a no go! Jess did an amazing job and catching the smiles in between though! I was grateful she was willing to spend a whole day with us to give Daphne the time she needed to perform in front of the camera. 



I love both of the pictures above, but especially the one on the right. Daphne was quite proud of herself for getting rid of the owl that was invading her territory!







 I love when Daphne bites her bottom lip, like she is doing on the picture on the left. My favorite part about all these pictures is how many of the faces I see Daphne make every day captured on camera for me to remember forever.

Biting her lip again

Giving Daphne some much needed reassurance.


Ack! I love when she bites her lip and grabs her toes:)


Another binky break

Takin' a break with mommy. I am pretty sure I was trying to
convince her that I wasn't a mean mommy:)



This picture I had to include, because although it didn't quite turn out as planned in my head, I wanted it included just for memory sake. Daphne has a newborn picture of herself squished into this exact same basket. Somehow my SIL, Kristen, used her magic powers and got her to fit. I wanted a picture to show how much she has grown since she fit in that itty bitty basket. Jess and I had a good laugh over all the out-takes of Daphne wearing this ridiculously big hat white sitting in a teeny basket.


LOVE THIS GIRL. SHE MAKES MY HEART HAPPY.




 
Her cute crocodile tears caught on camera:
 


 

And guess who came to save the day?!?!? Her favorite person in the entire world, DADDY!


Having the time of her life on daddy's shoulders!
 

No comments: