Friday, July 20, 2012

Daphne's Baby Blessing

Our sweet baby girl was blessed in the LDS church on June 3rd, 2012. The night before we had our family over to celebrate her upcoming big day! We BBQ'd, chatted, and had a great time.

Daphne's amazing Aunt Kristen took some cute pictures of Daphne as the "Princess and the Pea". I enjoyed being able to use the cute pictures with some creativity of my own for the theme of her celebration.


We had a table with Daphne's baby scrapbook, a guest book,  and some Princess & the Pea decor
Daphne's Great Grandma Black visiting with Dan

The Jasmer Clan
The Musker Crowd
Deatons & Blacks
Take 1 with Grandma Jasmer: Daphne was too busy admiring her Uncle Gabe to pay attention to the camera too
Take 2 with Grandma Jasmer: Grandpa Black had perfect timing with the bunny ears
Uncle Michael & Daphne
Our little Family
The Crandall Girls
Grandpa Jasmer had hoped for a cute picture with "the babes" but Daphne was tired of being the celebrity for the night:) Boston was his usual patient, chill self while his cute cousin let everyone know that picture time was over!
 As I mentioned above, on Sunday, Daphne was blessed in the LDS Church. It was a very special and important day for her:) Dan was able to give her a name and a blessing. We are so grateful for all the wonderful men in our family who were able to assist in the blessing. She is one lucky girl to have such a supportive family! Daphne was such a sweetie through the whole thing. At the beginning of church she was fast asleep in my arms but as soon as Dan took her up to the front of the chapel and started the blessing she was wide awake! She babbled a bit throughout her blessing, which made everyone who stood in the circle squirm a little as they prayed she wouldn't cry, but she was a trooper! She must have known it was something very special that she was woken up for. After the blessing Daphne couldn't stop smiling and staring right into her daddy's eyes. 

I thought getting into a car in my wedding dress was hard but that was nothing compared to getting this girl sporting her blessing dress into her car seat! 
Daphne with the boys
Daphne, Dan, & Alissa after church
Everyone that came to Daphne's blessing on Sunday
The Black Family
Daphne showing off her smile in her blessing dress at home after church. On a side note: This dress has quite the story behind it. When I was in high school I took a sewing class where we learned how to smock and sew with lace. I chose to make this dress for a girl I just might have someday and hoped I always would. I spent about 2 hours at school each day for a whole semester working on this dress as well as countless hours at home in order to get it done. My style and taste has changed a bit since then but I could resist having my girl wear a dress I made almost 8 years ago just for the possibility of her. I even crocheted the blanket behind her to go with it. Daphne was well worth the wait to say the least:) 
Our sweet girl
Aunt Cami enjoying getting to feed Daphne.

Our Family on Daphne's special day. She was ready for a nap at this point if you can't tell. I couldn't resist posting this picture though. Her freakout moments caught on camera are priceless and make for a much more interesting memory than a perfect photo would have:)

After Daphne's initial protest we were able to capture just one more. Maybe next family photo we will get a smile, but in the meantime she is still just as cute!

1 comment:

Sparks said...

Oh she is just beautiful! Congratulations on her special day!