Saturday, August 20, 2011

Paintin', weedin', and lots of bakin'

Awhile ago I mentioned that in order to fill the void of homework I started a bagillion projects at once it seemed! I finally took pictures of my finished projects for everyone to see....

Painting

First, I re-stained our kitchen cabinets and add hardware, it was a huge job but I am glad I tackled it. I have always wanted dark cabinets with green walls. Now it makes me want new countertops even more!



Before:



After:





Weeding Next, Dan and I decided to put a retaining wall around our tree in our front yard. We haven't been able to plant anything there because of all the roots. We dug some of them out, added about a foot of dirt and the brick wall. We haven't added any plants yet, we will probably just wait until next Spring.


After:


Next, we decided to extend our garden and build a new frame. It's hard to tell since I took this picture after the project began, but the old garden was just the small section with weeds in it on the left. Last year it was way too small for everything we wanted to plant.





After...We now have 5 sections with walkways in-between (thanks to my dad and brother's awesome building skills!!!). We planted pumpkins, squash, zucchini, and a salsa garden.



Baking




Lastly, I've been doing lots of baking! Needless to say....I haven't begun any new major projects because of having a bun bakin' in my own oven takes quite a bit of energy. Yup, for those of you that don't know Dan and I are expecting our own little muffin Feb 27th. I am currently 13 weeks along. We are excited for our family to soon be a family of 3:)




This is our little muffin at 10 weeks along...


14 comments:

Berry Family said...

Everything looks awesome! Especially that little bun bakin!!!!!!!! Love the "new" cabinets.

Jenni said...

I have been wanting to paint my cabinets black in the kithcen for a long time! Seeing yours just re-assures me that it will look great! Your house looks loverly!!

Kristen Crandall said...

Love it! The black looks fantastic. So excited for your baby :)

Sue Ellen said...

SHOW OFF! Your house looks wonderful and CONGRATS on the baby! I have wanted this for you for so long. That really is wonderful. Y'all will be the most amazing parents ever! Miss ya like crazy!

Sparks said...

I stalk your blog now and then and I'm simply thrilled for your new little one. CONGRATS!!

MG said...

Wow Congrats...that was a surprise. Can't wait to meet the future little Crandall.

Crandalls said...

Thanks everyone! Funny how the cabinets look black on the blog...I promise they are really actually a dark brown!:) Thanks for the baby wishes as well!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks phenomenal! Jeff told me when looking after your yard in your absence. The garden is my favorite, but the bun in the oven news has filled my heart with good wishes and great anticipation. Blessings, Dolores

Jamon, Meaghan, Molly, and David said...

Ha ha Girl! I had to read the sentence about your bun in the oven 3 times! (as in "Am I reading this right?!) ;) Congrats! So happy for you two!

And your kitchen looks fantastic!!! (As does your yard!)

Lue said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for you, and what a tricker...it took me til the end to realize baby is what you meant! YAY YAY YAY!

Heather said...

Oh wow! Congratulations!!! And your kitchen looks fantastic :)

Amber Shellabarger said...

Congrats Sierra. Very excited for you.

Julie said...

Hey! Congratulations! So excited for the two of you. I remember meeting you for the first time in Bossier, and you were just married. How time flies! Keep us posted!

Rachel said...

Wow it's been a while since we have talked and that is so sad! I am so excited for y'all on the baby! I also love all the projects you did! I hope you are doing well and that we keep in touch better! Jackson turned 3 last week and Madison is 8 in Nov!