Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No Trading Spaces for me!

All the way back in March, I think, ( I know.... I am REALLY behind on blogging....) I helped my friend, Jenni, re-d0 her boy's bathroom. We always love doing craft projects together so we decided to do our own version of "While you were out". Her husband was away for work for the weekend when the project began. We spend Friday night painting the first coat. Then Saturday we painted a second coat, cut the vinyl for the mirror, and made the shower curtain. Between all of that, fixing meals, and watching the two boys (Jenni's sister Layla helped with the boys quite a bit as well) we were exhausted! I remember as a teenager LOVING to watch Trading Spaces and thinking how cool it would be to be on the show. After our weekend, we both agreed we would NEVER want to do it! We had fun doing the bathroom but couldn't imagine handling any bigger of a room in such a short time! By the way, Jenni's husband was definitely surprised and seemed to loved it!








4 comments:

Kristen Crandall said...

ooooo... vinyl lettering on the mirror! You just might get a custom order from me when we move and get settled into a new house! Too cute. You have to remember that on Trading Spaces, there are NO kids involved, extra hands and a lot of pressure. I still think you would be exhausted though. Looks like it was fun.

Kati said...

ah! thats was cute!! I wanna do my kitchen in that decor, you should totally help me ;-)

Jenni said...

Yay! I see you saw my blog as well?! Gosh, that was mas chaos, wasn't it?! I am glad we did it...remember how irritated you got!!!? lol! I had never seen that before...glad to know you are comfy enough around me to let it all hang out! lol!
Thanks again!!!

Dan said...

The bathroom is even coole in person, kudos to my wife and Jenni for a great job done.