Friday, May 1, 2009

M.I.A.

I know I have been a little M.I.A. lately but I promise I have a good excuse! Or at least I think it is good... I haven't ever really blogged about this but most of you probably know we are moving in a month, those that don't know...my apologies! We have made the decision for Dan to switch from Active Duty to the Reserves. We will be stationed at Hill AFB in Utah. Dan's last day of active duty is June 1st, the same day the movers are coming.

We have been struggling with whether the Air Force was right for us long term for quite some time. We both have loved all the experiences we have had in the Air Force so our choice to leave Active Duty has been tough. We are excited to be near family again but we love it in Louisiana too! Dan has done quite a bit of research on military jobs and finally decided none were right for him. He has decided he wants to become a P.E. teacher, which I think suits him well. The plan is for Dan to finish out his 20 years of service in the Air Force Reserves so we can still have a little piece of military life and get a small retirement from it.

So long story short, we have been REALLY busy! The list of things Dan has to do in order to complete his separation from Active Duty is 12 PAGES LONG!!! We are finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel though! He only has a handful of things left on the list. We have also been quite busy between researching majors (I am going back for my Bachelor's too...I finished my Associates a few years ago and put my scholarship at Weber on hold. I figured now is as good of time as any to go back!) and registering for school, looking for a place to life, finding jobs, etc, etc. So my point is....I know I have been slacking on blogging but hopefully once we are in Utah I will have more time. Well, at least until school starts!

P.S. Mary...I PROMISE pictures of Rueben's farewell will come shortly! I finished registering for school and completed my resume last night so I should have some free time this weekend!

P.P.S. If anyone hears of any good job openings...please let us know!

4 comments:

debs life said...

We are all moving to Utah, yay! You guys, Seth and me and Julia and Mike should get together and hang out! We will be moving to Logan so Seth can teach an ROTC class at Utah State, we will be in Utah for about 2 years.

Amber Shellabarger said...

I hear there might be an opening at the bank. Congrats on coming back. That is awesome. I bet you can't wait to be with your family again.

Kati said...

I work with hundreds of law firms down town, I will see if there is anything if you don't mind working in salt lake?

Dan said...

This has been a tough time for both of us because i feel either way we would of decided whether to stay active duty in the military or not we would of made it work and we would been happy. But we are now on a new phase of our lives and i'm excited for it because with change comes new experiences and growth which is what we both want and need. We loved Louisiana, it's really tough to have moved but we are happy and eager to know what the future will bring us.